Prescription Experience sound clips?

burner

Do you guys have any clips of the Experience posted anywhere?
I'm specifically interested in the Swell function.

Also, just how dynamic and useable is the fuzz on these?
Is it compareable to another known fuzz?

Thanks

James

A great example of the Experience pedal (including the swell function) is the Charlie Sexton Under The Wishing Tree record. (Great record, highly under-rated in my opinion.) It's all over the cut "Neighborhood", the fuzz sound, the octave sound and the swell sound too.

I have a swirly Experience and find it to be very dynamic. For me, there is a sweet spot with the gain level set very low and at that setting, you can control the dynamics really well with your fingers. I don't know how it compares to other fuzzes, but I think EJ once remarked that it was "like a Fuzz Face but with more gain (or distortion.)

I don't know of any other clips, sorry.

All best,
James

burner

Thanks for posting!
What other pedals do the reverse swell type sound?
Boss slow gear?

leodiditright

Check my Soundclick page, you'll find a tribute I did to Pete Cosey called "On Your Way To The Barbershop", the whole song feature the Experience in a "amp about to explode" way.

Phineas

leodiditright - great demo of the RX exp. best one i heard so far and great selection of tributes/inpsirations. Cosey rox!!

gtrfinder

Silver Supporting Member
A great example of the Experience pedal (including the swell function) is the Charlie Sexton Under The Wishing Tree record. (Great record, highly under-rated in my opinion.) It's all over the cut "Neighborhood", the fuzz sound, the octave sound and the swell sound too.

I have a swirly Experience and find it to be very dynamic. For me, there is a sweet spot with the gain level set very low and at that setting, you can control the dynamics really well with your fingers. I don't know how it compares to other fuzzes, but I think EJ once remarked that it was "like a Fuzz Face but with more gain (or distortion.)

I don't know of any other clips, sorry.

All best,

James

Good call on "Wishing Tree". I believe Charlie still uses a PE Experience live.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom