PRESONUS 16.0.2 : Issue with auxillary

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by tremonti, Jan 25, 2015.

1. tremonti

tremonti Member

Seems that when I go to add a little more, say guitar, to my drummers in ears....one increment up is too much and where it is at, isn't enough? No compressor is on and gain isn't boosted or anything. Please advise...this way on all the monitors and aux mixes.

About to sell this and get a QSC Touchmix 16 if I can't solve this issue fast. That and I hate that in order to use an ipad or iphone to control things, you have to bring a damn laptop and router!

2. MikeVB

MikeVB Supporting Member

There's a pretty good Presonus forum that was very helpful to me when I owned mine.

3. MLG Audio

MLG Audio Member

Presonus studiolive users is the Facebook group. Really awesome group of guys. You actually get to talk with reps from the company. They will help you with anythjng

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. GuitarGuy66

GuitarGuy66 Member

You don't have to dial up the fader until the next LED lights up. Bring it up as much as you need.

5. MLG Audio

MLG Audio Member

Also check all the fat channel settings on the aux mix, and make sure your rotary encoder is at unity and not all the way up.

6. tremonti

tremonti Member

Not following this?

7. MLG Audio

MLG Audio Member

Sorry nvm the rotary encoder bit, I thought the auxes had masters on them like the 1642 has. Have you done a firmware update or factory reset on the board?

8. tremonti

tremonti Member

No I haven't. Bought used and looks brand new

9. Crowder

Crowder Dang Twangler Silver Supporting Member

I've owned mine a few years, and only just realized how helpful it is to connect it to my computer every so often to make sure I have the latest firmware and to tweak settings. The software is very intuitive and generally easy to navigate, and you can see a lot of parameters on the screen at once. It's far easier than working through the menus on the unit.

For example, we did a gig recently where it didn't seem like I was getting the vocal volume at FOH where it needed to be. We were fighting some monitor feedback that was also unexpected. In the heat of the gig (which was outdoors...added pressure) I failed to notice a few settings that were contributing to these issues. They were obvious within minutes of getting the system settings pulled up on my Mac.