Presonus Firebox - 6 Channels of Input, but need SPDIF Pre

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by thesedaze, Apr 1, 2008.

1. thesedaze

thesedaze Member

I was planning on upgrading my Presonus Firebox to a Firepod in the near future to get more inputs, inserts, and what not...But now I've had a resurgence of good hope in my little Wunderkasten.

I've only been using the 2 mic preamps built in the box, and occasionally will use the line-ins w/ bass pre's and what not. I've never tapped into the SPDIF breakout before, but knowing that I can get an additional 2 channels from that, do any of you have recommendations on a sub $400 dual-channel preamp? Nothing with 'added color', just something simple and clean, but hopefully not sterile. I'm thinking of using my 2 line-ins for the 'colored' pres, the built in pres and SPDIF pres for general mic'ing.

Perhaps there's a Presonus unit or something with a similar build to my existing built in pre's that would work well here?

Anyone?

2. thesedaze

thesedaze Member

I forgot about the ART Pro Channel...It's got S/PDIF outs, and I've had a little experience with it...I think my options with the S/PDIF thing is limited, and for the price and options, the Pro Channel seems to fit the bill pretty well...

Does anyone have experience running one of these with the Firebox's S/PDIF?

Thanks!