Pretty cool swapmeet score

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by john l, Jan 22, 2012.

1. john l

john l Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is probably the best 35 bucks Ive spent in a while....rad pedal.

2. 4nd3h

4nd3h Member

FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

How do you guys always get deals like this?!?!?!

3. GuitarsFromMars

GuitarsFromMars Member

Nice pedal for 35 bux. Those are superior.

4. orogeny

orogeny Supporting Member

most excellent.

power supply?

5. teleclem

teleclem Member

6. dshobe

dshobe Rocky Mountain Way Silver Supporting Member

Sweet! Way to keep your eyes and ears open!

7. john l

john l Member

Thanks guys, I couldnt friggin believe it! No power supply but I use a PP2 anyways so all good there. Yeah it was on the last row I was going to look at sitting next to a 20.00 broken acoustic and a DOD phaser. The guy actually wanted more for the phaser lol. It works perfectly and sounds rediculous.

8. AXXA

AXXA Supporting Member

Man, thats some great luck! I love my DM-2s, and would like to add a DM-3 to the collection. I paid a little more than $35 for my delays.....

9. guitarslinger21

guitarslinger21 Member

DDDAAAAYYYYYYUUUUUMMMMM!!!!! :wow:

10. john l

john l Member

I got rained out today so Im off work and able to mess around with this a little more. This little box is knocking my socks off! The slapback is probably the best Ive played and the longer delays have that dark analog feel that is really doing it for me. Great pedal.

11. Led Sabblin

Led Sabblin Member

I got an old MXR flanger at one of the local swap meets for $50 a few years ago and still have it! I see you're in the OC too. Which swap meet was it? Cypress or Goldenwest College? Damn I must have missed it cause I always go on the weekend but NAMM was this weekend

12. Pedal Dan

Pedal Dan The Island of Misfit Pedals Gold Supporting Member

13. screamingduck

screamingduck Member

You most likely know this but.... don't forget to use either output 4 or 5 on your PP2 as the DM2's and 3's run off ACA 12 volt power which you can get by flipping the little switch on the underneath of your PP2.
    Oh yeah, great score on that DM-3!!! I have two old Boss DM-2's which I payed maybe $25-35 for back in the early 80's from a music store I used to teach out of. I opened them up after joining TGP and found that one has the MN3005 , which were in the early versions, and the other has the MN3205. Go figure that!
    I love these little pedals and they have been with me for over 30 years now. Damn I'm getting old!

14. john l

john l Member

Cypress! I score something major there almost once a month LOL! Its my saturday morning routine to shoulder my way through that place. Golden West is Sunday morning lol.
    Hey FWIW there was a killer looking old Magnatone M15 that a guy said hed take 600 for there,I dont know if thats a good deal or not but...
    My wife will kill me if I drop anymore money on amps so if your into it you should go by there next weekend. Its towards the middle.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  15. john l

john l Member

Hey thanks man! I actually didnt know that untill I did some reading about it yesterday so Im all good to go now.

16. td2243

td2243 Member

I love my DM3 and wouldn't sell it for anything. Congrats!

17. john l

john l Member

Its home! Fits right in with my current line up. I know its not very boutique but those things allways seem to end up in my closet where as these have allways delivered in spades.

[​IMG]

18. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

The M15 is the plastic, stereo version with reverb and usually sells in the $1500 range in good shape. Even with cracked plastic needing a rehouse that's a GREAT price!

19. john l

john l Member

I figured as much but if I brought yet another amp home...well I just dont want to think about that lol. No cracks no nothing, the thing looked all business. Im all set for amps so if anyones in the position to swoop it up....

20. Led Sabblin

Led Sabblin Member

Me too! :bounce (bounce) LOL I could have had it(DM-2) if it wasn't for NAMM. Did you get it from the hispanic guy that has bikes, some rack gear and various cheap gtrs? I have scored a DS-1 silver screw black label 1980 from him also a Boss FT-2. Saw an old Gibson amp there one time but it was pretty beat down. From other guys, I have bought an old Ross digital rack delay and an Ibanez RG-550. I saw a Talk box reissue with no tube or anything for $20 but never can tell if it works or not even though they say it always does. Goldenwest has stuff also but chances are slim. I did get my MXR flanger from there as well as an old Risson 4x12 cab with celestions and also an old Yamaha chorus