• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Pretty Pictures - 1959 ES-355 TDC-SV

jads57

Silver Supporting Member
man I still kick myself today for getting rid of almost this exact same guitar w/out Varitone/Stereo option! And that was 41 years ago,lol!

qblue

I dig it! That's a real nice one w/ ROUNDED Mickey Mouse upper bouts

Looks like my 1990 ES-347-TDC. Except my upper bouts aren't as rounded. It's what collectors' are looking for.

Last edited:

Darl

Very nice guitar. What does this model fetch these days in superior condition like this (if I may be nosey)?

57gold

Gold Supporting Member
Very nice guitar. What does this model fetch these days in superior condition like this (if I may be nosey)?
Only one other 1959 out there for public sale. It's a mono and somewhat beat, checked, significant neck wear...at $23K. Also a 1960, also worn at $20K.

These are dealer prices.

A couple of additional pictures:

Lotis

Gold Supporting Member
I had that exact year and model stolen in LA years ago. About broke my heart.

qblue

Collectors tend to collect the ES-335, the base original model. The other ES guitars aren't as collectable, even the 355 series.

57gold

Gold Supporting Member
Collectors tend to collect the ES-335, the base original model. The other ES guitars aren't as collectable, even the 355 series.
Players of vintage instruments will pay up for 1958-1960 ES-335s, say $30-40K in today's market for a good "dot marker". 345s and 355s are played and collected, visit the Les Paul Forum, a place with some serious Gibson fans, and you'll find many fans of these very cool instruments.

I play all of these 1959s:

Torren61

I dig it! That's a real m=nice one w/ ROUNDED Mickey Mouse upper bouts

Looks like my 1990 ES-347-TDC. Except my upper bouts aren't as rounded. It's what collectors' are looking for.

Love the guitar... hate the finish.

Trending Topics