Pretty Pictures - 1959 ES-355 TDC-SV

jads57

Silver Supporting Member
man I still kick myself today for getting rid of almost this exact same guitar w/out Varitone/Stereo option! And that was 41 years ago,lol!

qblue

I dig it! That's a real nice one w/ ROUNDED Mickey Mouse upper bouts

Looks like my 1990 ES-347-TDC. Except my upper bouts aren't as rounded. It's what collectors' are looking for.

Last edited:

Darl

Very nice guitar. What does this model fetch these days in superior condition like this (if I may be nosey)?

57gold

Gold Supporting Member
Very nice guitar. What does this model fetch these days in superior condition like this (if I may be nosey)?
Only one other 1959 out there for public sale. It's a mono and somewhat beat, checked, significant neck wear...at $23K. Also a 1960, also worn at $20K.

These are dealer prices.

A couple of additional pictures:

Lotis

Gold Supporting Member
I had that exact year and model stolen in LA years ago. About broke my heart.

qblue

Collectors tend to collect the ES-335, the base original model. The other ES guitars aren't as collectable, even the 355 series.

57gold

Gold Supporting Member
Collectors tend to collect the ES-335, the base original model. The other ES guitars aren't as collectable, even the 355 series.
Players of vintage instruments will pay up for 1958-1960 ES-335s, say $30-40K in today's market for a good "dot marker". 345s and 355s are played and collected, visit the Les Paul Forum, a place with some serious Gibson fans, and you'll find many fans of these very cool instruments.

I play all of these 1959s:

Torren61

I dig it! That's a real m=nice one w/ ROUNDED Mickey Mouse upper bouts

Looks like my 1990 ES-347-TDC. Except my upper bouts aren't as rounded. It's what collectors' are looking for.

Love the guitar... hate the finish.

Trending Topics