Price check 1998 Les Paul Junior Special

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by corn husk bag, Feb 14, 2015.

1. corn husk bag

corn husk bag Silver Supporting Member

What is the price range I should expect to pay for a 1998 Les Paul Junior Special in decent condition, all stock. A few small dents here and there and a bit of worming on the back. The other one has no dents and is all stock too.

Thanks,
    Steve

2. Drew68

Drew68 Supporting Member

3. LanEvo

LanEvo Member

Single-cut or double-cut?
    Bound neck or plain?

Could be as high as $800 for the right combination.

4. Rumble5

Rumble5 Member

I don't think they made the Junior Special in 1998. There's been some debate on here about whether it was just made in 2012 or during several years around that time frame. But I'm pretty sure it was not made in 1998.

So the 1998 guitar you're talking about would be a Special if it has two pickups or a Junior if it has one.

The price would be dependent on the pickups (P-90s or P-100s) and to some extent the color and finish (they made some odd colors then like green).

5. corn husk bag

corn husk bag Silver Supporting Member

Both guitars are the same, single cut with 2 pickups and a bwb guard. Has 4 knobs with a 3 way selector switch on the top bout. No binding on neck, but has mother of pearl dots on neck fret board. I don't know whether the pickups are p90 or p100, they don't have the dog ears though.

Kind Regards,
    Steve