PRICE CHECK: 2016 Fender Custom Shop Tele

goodwater

Hey guys---trying to figure out "real world" value of something

2016 Fender Custom Shop '64 Tele Reissue (mild relic) but MISSING the case and COA

What are your thoughts on this Christmas Eve?

It's a 2016 and both the COA and case are already missing? It does sound hot. Hope you're not eyeing this for purchase. $1200 - $1400.

Ugly Bunny

Is there any way to reproduce the COA? Will Fender send out a new one? Get that and a new (vintage?) case and then you're back in business. Unless you're the one buying - in which case, yeah, probably hot.

eigentone

Gold Supporting Member
Is there any way to reproduce the COA? Will Fender send out a new one? Get that and a new (vintage?) case and then you're back in business. Unless you're the one buying - in which case, yeah, probably hot.

Fender will issue another at their discretion - just takes taking it in, $250, disassembly, and some photos to re-authenticate a guitar.

goodwater

thanks guys

it's a trade offer from a very reputable individual but the lack of case and COA make me think that I should probably just pass

73Fender

I suppose you should first determine the "normal" price range for one with the case, candy and COA then go from there. Are you able to play it first? It could be a way to grab a CS Tele at a reasonable price. I got a CS Nocaster at a steep discount the same way from a very well known and reputable seller, it does happen. All that said, the 64 Pure Vintage / American Vintage RI's that came out in 2012 or so are very well regarded as well. Used they can be had for around $1,200 or less. What is the asking price of the CS Tele?

Trending Topics

Top Bottom