• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Price Check: 94 Sg 61 Reissue

KRaZeE

Would you drop $1000 on this? I've been itching for one of these bad boys and I'm tempted, but two things have me holding of a little...the input jack area (can't tell if that is a crack or not and, if it is, is it a big deal? seller says it happened before he bought it and the area does have a replacement brass washer) and the bridge/tailpiece (they look way to shiny to me vs the aging on the pups).

Well...wouldya do it? :dunno

KRaZeE

LOL. Still split...one thumbs down, followed by one thumbs up. Hahaha. It looks to me like that crack extends a bit in, if you look at the cavity pic, right above the pot.

If $1000 is a bit high, what do you think would be a fair amount to try to wiggle down to or is that crack more of a "stay away! do not want!" kinda thing?

captain_bob

I would want to see under the washer. Just looks like the cord was yanked out, but the washer could be hiding more. Other than that $1000 seems fair. Minty ones can be found for around $1400.

SUBmariner

I paid $800 for a 91 just like it, all the way down to the input Jack issue. I love mine but wouldn't pay a G for it.

KRaZeE

mike shaw said:
Is that a paint chip on the neck in the first picture?
The seller is calling it a "rub" and, really, it doesn't matter much to me. I'm more concerned about the jack and the authenticity of the bridge and tailpiece.

captain_bob said:
I would want to see under the washer. Just looks like the cord was yanked out, but the washer could be hiding more.
I think I'm with you there. Currently waiting to see if he'll pull it and snap me a pic...if not, I'll bring tools with me when I go to see it! ;)

ffoont

The seller is calling it a "rub" and, really, it doesn't matter much to me. I'm more concerned about the jack and the authenticity of the bridge and tailpiece.
I think there's a good chance that guitar has been tinkered with to some degree, given the missing pickup ring screw and mismatched pickup height adjusters, so it's not unlikely that the bridge & tailpiece are not original.

KRaZeE

Yea, I told him I was bailing, unless he dropped the price...he dropped it to $900. No thanks. Going for this instead now:

A 98 Paul for $1650, to replace my 01 Epi...I decided I have enough SGs. Between my recent SG Classic acquisition and my Tony Iommi-fied, Bigsby'd 94 Standard, I think I have the SG lot pretty well covered...not to mention the 5 Guild S-100s I have hanging around. :rotflmao

Trending Topics

Top Bottom