Price Check: Bogner Ecstacy 101B Used

dennisd

Used for $1800 with a Bogner 4 x 12 cab (rips in tolex, Bogner logo missing). Local sale.

Good price/excellant price?

se7en

Must be some glaring condition issues. Usually the 101b heads sell for a little more than 2k...if it has the class a/ab switch, it can go up a bit more.
If the deal is for the Bogner 4x12 and 101b...it should probably cost around $2800 give or take.

dennisd

Just spoke to the guy. The cabinet is beat up but it sounds like the amp is in good condition. He does not know enough about it to say whether or not it has the A/AB switch or the multiple channel out jacks.

The footswitch looks a little dinged up.

The amp (and cab) has been gigged and is not nearly in mint condition.

6AM

I sold my near mint 101b with metal grill and A/AB switch with a 4x12 for $2500 close to 10 years ago and it was a good deal then. I don't even like the 101b or Bogner cabs and I'd buy that in a second.

JK47

One thing I would check is that it is for sure a Bogner cab. On craigslist I see a bunch of nice tube amps for sale with really cheap ass cabs (Randall, marshall MG/AVT) they are trying to pass off as the real deal. The missing logo is a HUGE red flag. Find some pics of the cab inside and out online, take them with you, pop the back off and verify everything.

"Bogner head and cab" does not mean the same thing as "Bogner head and Bogner cab"!!!!

Is this the one you are looking at? http://images.craigslist.org/3k93mb3lf5W45S15R3b45b328ea150ad8123c.jpg

I'd wager that's a Line 6 vetta cab or worse :-S Not terrible but doesn't command what a Bogner cab does. Also in the ad he does not say it is a Bogner cab

That being said I believe 1800 is a pretty good deal for the XTC head anyway :)

dennisd

That's the one. He did confirm over the phone it was a Bogner cab, Only way to confirm would be the QC sticker in the back or inside. Guy seemed pretty straight with me on the phone.
Thanks for the feedback.
D

6AM

QC sticker? I owned a few Bogner cabs and none had a sticker on them.

B Money

real Bogner cabs are spray painted black inside, and the back panel has soft batting stapled to it. Also, the cane grill cloth on a Bogner cab should match that on the head, and is difficult (or impossible) to get aftermarket, so that should be a good indication if it's authentic or not.

Melodyman

The bottom fell out from the 101B on the used market, regular cloth front grill without the A/AB switch are hovering around $2K in very good condition.

Adjust price depending on condition..

Trending Topics