• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Price check PRS cu24

Jven

Silver Supporting Member
So I ve been looking for cu22 but one of my friends has this one for sale. I don't want to rip him off but I don't want to over pay either. It does have some "flaws". The one in the back of the headstock has some wood that came off with the paint. Other than that it's in pretty good shape with light pick marks and some swirl in the back. So what would be a fair price for this one?
Specs:
2012 model
10 top
57/08 pickups
Macassar ebony fretboard

Meals

With that damage, I wouldn't be comfortable paying more than $1300. PTC can repair it good as new, but you're looking at around $1k to do it.

guitarlifestyle

I like guitars.
Gold Supporting Member
I would go as high as $1500 if it was still structurally sound, but $1300-1500 sounds about right to me. In excellent condition, I usually see these going from $1800-2200.

Funky Chicken

Silver Supporting Member
I would pass.
You can't buy it from a friend cheap enough to have it make sense if you plan to fix it.
One other point-that finish and other similar ones seem to fall into the second tier of desirability at resale time. Bursts/Vintage Yellow/Reds that show off the top will be better. I like the dark finishes but the average buyer not so much.

Tim Plains

I wouldn't even pay $1,300 for that. It's hard enough to sell a PRS in mint condition (trust me) let alone one that's beat up. Offer your friend $1,000. If he thinks that's low, ask him to put it up for sale and see what responses he gets.

standard24

I wouldn't even pay $1,300 for that. It's hard enough to sell a PRS in mint condition (trust me) let alone one that's beat up. Offer your friend $1,000. If he thinks that's low, ask him to put it up for sale and see what responses he gets.
I'd have to agree with this. Also, check the neck shape. If it doesn't work for you and your hands, even a bargain, is no bargain.

Jven

Silver Supporting Member
$1500sh is kinda what I was thinking, but I spoke to him about pricing, and I guess we're on a different page, he said he would fix it, and let it go for $2500 or the way it is for $2200.. Ouch!! I'll probably just pass on that one.. Thanks a lot guys..

Jash0508

I paid less than that for a new custom 24 10 top when guitar center was blowing them out a few years ago and it was a beautiful quilt top. I'd pass too.

paintguy

Long Hair Hippy Freak
Gold Supporting Member
$1500sh is kinda what I was thinking, but I spoke to him about pricing, and I guess we're on a different page, he said he would fix it, and let it go for $2500 or the way it is for $2200.. Ouch!! I'll probably just pass on that one.. Thanks a lot guys..
He's way off base. Mint/perfect might put it close to $2200.00 but $1300.00 is generous in that condition. He will spend a pretty penny to make it look like nothing ever happened.

Jay K

Sounds like he probably super overpaid when he bought it and is trying to get some of his money back. Those are ridiculous prices he is asking.

ixnay

He'll be owning that guitar for a LONG time.

guitarlifestyle

I like guitars.
Gold Supporting Member
Yikes! Yeah, he will be keeping that one for a while.

Trending Topics