Price check - PRS McCarty 20th Anniv

Jimi1983

Trying to get a price check - PRS McCarty 20th Anniversary - Cherry Sunburst dot neck - excellent condition. Anyone have insight on selling and trade-in values?

02Singlecut

What you're looking @ or have is a McCarty that was built during 2005 - 2006 with a 20th celebration trussrod cover. The 20th Anniversary PACKAGE guitars had "Birds in Flight" Artist grade tops and Brazilian fretboards /headstock overlay. I don't believe that package was offered on McCarty's. Sell = $1000-$1200. Trade in = $ 700 - $800 ish.

musicman10_1

Silver Supporting Member
What you're looking @ or have is a McCarty that was built during 2005 - 2006 with a 20th celebration trussrod cover. The 20th Anniversary PACKAGE guitars had "Birds in Flight" Artist grade tops and Brazilian fretboards /headstock overlay. I don't believe that package was offered on McCarty's. Sell = $1000-$1200. Trade in = $ 700 - $800 ish.
Good Heavens! A 20th Anni Artist package is going for that little? I'm going to throw up.

Here is mine: CU22 - I'm not sure I've ever seen a McCarty version of this.

AaeCee

Silver Supporting Member
I've bought and sold quite a few, and those numbers are way low IME. In near mint cond., the AP's and 10 tops will sell for the mid to low $2000's, with trade values lower. And I've seen other non-10's in decent condition regularly selling in the $1500 - $1800 range.

Maybe it's just the solid white ones that go for less?? ;)

02Singlecut

Good Heavens! A 20th Anni Artist package is going for that little? I'm going to throw up.

Here is mine: CU22 - I'm not sure I've ever seen a McCarty version of this.

Like I said....I don't believe there was a 20th McCarty offered. What he has/looking@ is a McCarty with a 20th trussrod cover that came on all PRS's during that timeframe. Hence the price!

SinglecutGuy

Silver Supporting Member
Maybe I can help clear up some of the confusion here...

As 02Singlecut mentioned, the value of a "20th Anniversary" McCarty with a sunburst finish and dot inlays is often around the $1000-$1200 range. The McCarty model has lower resale value than say a Custom 22 from that era. The "20th Anniversary" version (as also mentioned by 02Singlecut) of an 05'/06' McCarty simply has a "20th Anniversary" truss rod cover. There are no other distinguishing features of that guitar as being a 20th Anny model, thus not attributing to a higher resale value.

What was referred to was the Artist Package or Birds in Flight inlay package. Depending on model, different options were available. For instance, I have owned numerous 20th Anniversary models and I've owned some that were Artist Package models which include the gold hardware and Brazzy board/headstock overlay, and the "Birds in Flight" inlays, and I've also had one with no 10-top, silver/chrome hardware, and yet still has Birds in Flight inlay. All of these designations make a difference in price, as you would expect.

What was pictured above was a Custom 22 with the Artist Package option, which included the features I just mentioned. 20th Anny Custom 22's tend to yield the $1500-$2000 range depending on whether they have Birds in Flight, 10 top, or the Artist Package.

McCarty's did not have the option of the 20th Anniversary Artist Package nor Birds in Flight inlays, if I recall correctly. If they did, I've never seen one.

scott520

Silver Supporting Member
Maybe I can help clear up some of the confusion here...

As 02Singlecut mentioned, the value of a "20th Anniversary" McCarty with a sunburst finish and dot inlays is often around the $1000-$1200 range. The McCarty model has lower resale value than say a Custom 22 from that era. The "20th Anniversary" version (as also mentioned by 02Singlecut) of an 05'/06' McCarty simply has a "20th Anniversary" truss rod cover. There are no other distinguishing features of that guitar as being a 20th Anny model, thus not attributing to a higher resale value.

What was referred to was the Artist Package or Birds in Flight inlay package. Depending on model, different options were available. For instance, I have owned numerous 20th Anniversary models and I've owned some that were Artist Package models which include the gold hardware and Brazzy board/headstock overlay, and the "Birds in Flight" inlays, and I've also had one with no 10-top, silver/chrome hardware, and yet still has Birds in Flight inlay. All of these designations make a difference in price, as you would expect.

What was pictured above was a Custom 22 with the Artist Package option, which included the features I just mentioned. 20th Anny Custom 22's tend to yield the $1500-$2000 range depending on whether they have Birds in Flight, 10 top, or the Artist Package.

McCarty's did not have the option of the 20th Anniversary Artist Package nor Birds in Flight inlays, if I recall correctly. If they did, I've never seen one.
what he said :aok

musicman10_1

Silver Supporting Member
Whew! I appreciate the follow up posts. I've regained my composure and feel much better. It is not like I am going to sell my 20th as I love it and ordered it at the NAMM show the year they were released (as custom of an order as you could have, color, AP, Mc switching, flame).

sws1

I have a McCarty Brazilian Limited from around that time frame. 1 of 250. Has mismatched gold/silver coloring. Pups are silver but with gold screws, etc.

02Singlecut

I've bought and sold quite a few, and those numbers are way low IME. In near mint cond., the AP's and 10 tops will sell for the mid to low $2000's, with trade values lower. And I've seen other non-10's in decent condition regularly selling in the $1500 - $1800 range.

Maybe it's just the solid white ones that go for less?? ;)
No.......there are just less of them. 1 20th and 1 25th....and they're all MINE.....lol

Trending Topics