Price check

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by PLAYLOUD, Jun 10, 2011.

1. PLAYLOUD

PLAYLOUD Member

someone I know has a mid 90's Marshall bluesbreaker combo that they did in a limited run with white tolex. Asking price is $1000. I'm having a hard time finding out price info on this particular amp over the web. Any help is appreciated.

thanks,

2. big mike

big mike Gold Supporting Member

Hard to find. You're paying a lot extra for white vinyl. I'd go no more than 800 and I'd need to LOVE the amp.

3. Baxtercat

Baxtercat Member

I took a pic of the display at that year's NAMM...a beautiful big combo amp.
    [​IMG]

4. welcometoashley

welcometoashley Supporting Member

Chicago (Humboldt Park/Ukrainian Village)
    i feel like it's tough to find bluesbreaker RIs for under $800 these days. i don't think i'd pay any more than $850-900 for one and it would have to be in perfect working condition and excellent cosmetic condition - which is kind of rare for 90's bluesbreakers. i feel like the tremolo is always broken on the early ones. but, marshalls with colored tolex always go for so much more than a standard black tolex'd version. i gotta admit though the white tolex looks killer. i saw a white bluesbreaker recently on ebay and the starting price/Buy It Now was $1,100 and it didn't sell.

that said, i had a 90's bluesbreaker that was one of my favorite amps ever. i think i bought it for $800 about 4yrs ago.