1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

FS **Price Drop** 1973 Fender Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'Bass Gear Emporium' started by mikeowen17, Jan 5, 2019.

1. mikeowen17

mikeowen17 Supporting Member

Selling my Black 1973 Fender Jazz bass - the neck stamp dates this one to Jan 1973. This is a fantastic looking bass with just the right amount of mojo - but I have my eye on something else, so a few things have to go to make room.

This is all original except for the pickups and pots, which I replaced with Nordstrand 70s J pickups and CTS pots. When it came to me the wiring was a mess and the pickups needed a rewind - so I put the Nordys in and went out and played it! Only other issues I can see is that it looks like someone tried to relocate the thumb rest above the pickguard at some point - but the holes are now filled and not really noticeable.

Comes with the OHSC, which is in good condition structurally, but only the middle latch works - so you probably wouldn’t want to take it out to gigs!

PRICE DROP TO $2,499

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019