Price for used Suhr Pro

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by EndOfSystem, Feb 29, 2008.

1. EndOfSystem

EndOfSystem Senior Member

There is a used Suhr Pro at my local music store, mint cond. in Mercedes Blue. Very nice, they are asking $1,499.00. Since they are around $1,600 new, I was thinking this is a bit high.

I was thinking about offering them $1,300.00, any thoughts?

Thanks,

EOS

2. dbeeman

dbeeman Gold Supporting Member

As a general rule of thumb, A really nice used piece is worth about 75% of original selling (not list) price.

...of course this varies based on supply and demand. If 20 people are lined up for it, forget it. OTH, if its out of style, the price will drop even more

3. FUSER

FUSER Member

I have seen Pro series got for 1100 (here on TGP). It had just one cosmetic issue and that was one pot was moved so an extra hole in the pickguard was visible.

Recently one with some belt rash went for 1500. I wanted that but someone wanted it much more.

I would say if you really want it , take it. You will be able to sell it for close to your buying price.

4. jcv

jcv Member

I thought they went for around $1800 new. A used, mint Pro should easily fetch 1500 bucks... I'd grab it for that price if you can't get them down.

5. EelEye

EelEye Gold Supporting Member

And as it relates to Suhr guitars, they are generally worth about 2/3 of original price. I should know...I just sold 4 of them on ebay. All of them came in at about 2/3 of the original price.