Price of Used Vs, New Timmy`s, Zendrive,etc

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jads57, Jan 20, 2008.

1. jads57

jads57 Supporting Member

Hi, I understand supply and demand but it seems pretty common that people are selling these pedals for quite a bit more $ than original cost. Is this just a way of making money or are people really willing to pay that much more. Thanks!

2. orogeny

orogeny Supporting Member

People are really willing to pay that much more, myself included (in the past). Many or most folks are making money, but I was never very good at it, and usually sell/sold at a loss, even at inflated prices.

3. blackba

blackba Supporting Member

I am still trying to find out what the price of a new Timmy is without calling Paul C. Google search and one here as yielded nothing so far....

4. Sandro

Sandro Member

I think is $105.00

Sandro

5. blackba

blackba Supporting Member

Thanks... I finally found it, Tim is $150, and Timmy is $100 plus about $5 shipping

Now to decide between the Timmy and Fulltone OCD Version 4 for my Vox AC30CC1....

6. radcliff

radcliff Member

Both pedals' used prices have come down from about a year ago (over 400 for a Zen, over 200 for a Timmy). Both builders are catching up on their backorders, which is good news for almost everyone.

7. utterhack

utterhack Gold Supporting Member

If you have to ask if people are willing to pay that much, you may not understand supply and demand as well as you think...

As far as making money, some people are, and some people bought theirs used and are just hoping to get back what they paid.

8. jb1911

jb1911 Member

I bought a Timmy on ebay a while ago for around $200. I then got on the list and finally got my new Timmy for $105. I then sold my old Timmy on ebay for what I paid for it. Life is good and I like the new Timmy better than the old one. I love ebay.