Pricing a gibson sg firebrand - pelham blue

Goosio

Gold Supporting Member
Considering buying a 1981 sg...pretty sure it's one of the firebrand series but not sure if it's the regular or deluxe. What really caught my eye though is the color...blue, probably pelham blue. Very unusual for an sg of this vintage best i can tell. Any idea what one of these would be worth in good or very good condition? Thanks.

Rod

Vibrato & String Bender on Overdrive
Gold Supporting Member
Firebrand? $500...

Arewenotmen?

Pic?
Gibson had a few blue colors that they used in that time period. I'd be curious to see the one you're considering.
I don't know about that model, but SG Standards were typically selling for around $800-900, when I was looking a few years ago.

Goosio

Gold Supporting Member
Pic?
Gibson had a few blue colors that they used in that time period. I'd be curious to see the one you're considering.
I don't know about that model, but SG Standards were typically selling for around $800-900, when I was looking a few years ago.

00x0x_h_Fne_KBr_Wkxh_600x450.jpg

The serial number dates it to 1981 and the jack is on the edge not the front, which is what leads me to believe it is a firebrand. Also the zebra pickup.

AdmiralB

00x0x_h_Fne_KBr_Wkxh_600x450.jpg

The serial number dates it to 1981 and the jack is on the edge not the front, which is what leads me to believe it is a firebrand. Also the zebra pickup.

Can't see the image, but weren't Firebrands natural? It's a refin, I'd guess - was Pelham used anywhere near that late?

Last edited:

Bazaboy33

Silver Supporting Member
That should be a Firebrand Deluxe. I sold my cherry red Firebrand Deluxe Les Paul a few years ago for $750. The colored ones are more rare than the natural. They came in Walnut, Cherry, Sunburst, Black & Pelham Blue. If it is all original, I would think that it would top out around $850. Does it come with the chainsaw case? Some folks try to get outrageous prices for the Firebrands, just take a look at the ones on eBay right now. You think Emporium prices are insane...

Oh yeah, the colored ones had mahogany bodies with ebony boards.

Last edited:

Goosio

Gold Supporting Member
Thanks guys. Gonna sleep on it. Maybe go for it next week if it's still around.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom