Pricing question for Saturn V experts

Blue-moon

Gold Supporting Member
What is a good price for the Pearl version of the Spaceman V with the vintage indicator?

spayne99

Reverb shows a range of $350 - $475. Give or take depending on which edition.

I'm curious about these. Are these useful at all for low volume playing, or do you need to play it loud?

dirtandstones

Silver Supporting Member
What is a good price for the Pearl version of the Spaceman V with the vintage indicator?
Whatever you're willing to pay is what it's worth;)

Reverb shows a range of $350 - $475. Give or take depending on which edition.

I'm curious about these. Are these useful at all for low volume playing, or do you need to play it loud?
This range seems right. I'd say $350 -$400 is the true going rate for them these days.

When I had one, I felt it best served when turned up pushing the front end of the amp. It didn't do much for me at unity gain and it needed the speaker moving air to get the full harmonic effect. YMMV

jimbugg

Silver Supporting Member
You won't get one of those versions for under $450-$500.
This. The plain silver edition Sat Vs seem to be selling around $400 or sometimes less, but those rarer editions - especially with the NOS indicators - are still fetching higher prices. I had a Pearl edition that I sold for $500 a few months ago.

PurpleJesus

Moderation is key
Staff member
Best pedal he makes, imo.

Silver is usually $400ish. Rarer ones up from there. No diff in tone, just aestics.

And yes, it works great as an always on.

Metal Tiger

Silver Supporting Member
Great pedal for sure!
The least you can get a silver one for would be around $370-380. The rarer ones go for up to $500. I don't have one any more but I intend to get one again at some point.
As PJ said, there is no difference in tone. I did a comparison video between a black and silver Gemini a while back but I have not uploaded it yet.

spayne99

I just scored one for $385 w/ shipping. An all white one. It does have a couple of small nicks on the bottom plate around the screw holes, and was missing the Spaceman sticker/button/pick, so it's not in 'perfect' condition.

Sounds great with my Princeton Reverb clone and Telecaster. I also splurged on an Atlas III recently when they were on sale on Spaceman's site, and that works very well to push the drive on the Saturn V. I need to draw the line here, before I fall into a rabbit hole and spend all my retirement money.

Last edited:

Trending Topics