• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Prince on Leno

Droptop

Gold Supporting Member
Did anyone catch Prince last night on Leno? The man was channeling Hendrix. More of hard rock/ blues with plenty of tasteful use of the wah. What a talent.

JMarck

Can't believe I missed it. Prince is one of my favorite musicians! Is he on Leno tonight (Friday)?!

Rusty G.

I saw him last night. Great song. . .great performance.

Daphne blue start with a maple neck, and liberal use of a wah.

He often channels Jimi when he's wailing (and I mean that in the best way). Find some bootlegs of his aftershows, they are heavy, funk, guitar jams!!

JMarck

Man, that's rockin! I'm pretty pumped for this cd! I wonder how long it will take before that video is taken off Youtube?

southernblues

That's some heavy riffage right there, boys!

Looking forward to the 3 CD set that comes out on the 29th at Target....$12

It may have been disrespectful, but if he'd handed me that guitar, I would have fired back into that tune(and hoped like heck the band joined in)!

He brings the rawk!

reddgeetarzan

Gold Supporting Member
Very nice! He has the potential to single handedly change the direction of popular music, if he chose to do so........

prince is WAY badass.
not a lot people bringin it THAT way.
...thank goodness somebody is!

all guitar-heavy rock bands really need to take cues from prince...witness the great balance of funk..jam rock...and song.

My observation is that he "channels" (I'll be generous and only modify the term to "borrows freely and heavily from") Hendrix every time I've seen him play. I would definately say that he is "carrying on in the tradition of...". While not my thing (yep, too old), I do appreciate various aspects of his career (there way no way to deny the ferocious groove intensity of the Jimmy Jam/Terry Lewis days!!), and happy to see a "R&B/Soul" act getting across with gtr out front. Glad for you kiddies who were late for Hendrix to get to have this semi-acceptable substitute.
Isn't he doing three nights in a row on Leno?

Trending Topics