• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

PRINCE's CLOUD GUITAR

trisonic

No I didn't paint them. I just spent a bunch of time with Shigeki from Schecter at my store matching color samples that Prince gave him. Shigeki painted the Orange one and we made quite a few Purples, purple metallics, purple pearls, etc.. for other guitars. I know one was a similar to a Strat;) , but I'm not sure what the others were.

Larry
Larry,
Do you do finishing on a regular basis for Luthiers on the West Coast?

Best, Pete.

cram

Yesterday while watching football, I chuckled to myself and remembered reading through this thread because the network carrying the pats' game was running a promo of prince playing a tele guitar.

So I did a search to find and post a reply to this thread. Nothing really to offer except that -
Any bump coming back from commercial had a lil tiny prince at the bottom playing guitar.

That, and just to mention that Prince is a bawler -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJ70w8ZMH5c

1973Marshall

So I'm reviving my own thread.

Hardcore fan here. You can tell by the date this wasn't a sudden post.

Anyone know where I can get one for a reasonable price? Perhaps someone wants to see it go to a loving home?

DustyRhodesJr

I had one, it was a bluish-purple Schecter-made one.

I sold it around '02 on ebay for $1800.

I am surprised they have not gone up more in value.

I also had a Hohner Prinz that I sold (to Prince) around the same time.

chrisjw5

I had one, it was a bluish-purple Schecter-made one.

I sold it around '02 on ebay for $1800.

I am surprised they have not gone up more in value.

I also had a Hohner Prinz that I sold (to Prince) around the same time.
You sold a guitar TO Prince? Jeez, that'd go on my tombstone.

Chris
1970-2021
Sold a guitar to Prince

DustyRhodesJr

You sold a guitar TO Prince? Jeez, that'd go on my tombstone.

Chris
1970-2021
Sold a guitar to Prince

Yes, but he did not have a lot to do with it. His handlers took care of all the details.
At that time you could not find the guitar anywhere so they were glad to get it, and
they were also very nice.

But, it was weird how the address had "Paisley-something-or- other" in it.

An added bonus was that I learned how he liked his guitars because they were not
concerned at all with the stock pickups, and said he would be doing-this and doing-
that to it.

songtalk

Yes, but he did not have a lot to do with it. His handlers took care of all the details.
At that time you could not find the guitar anywhere so they were glad to get it, and
they were also very nice.

But, it was weird how the address had "Paisley-something-or- other" in it.

An added bonus was that I learned how he liked his guitars because they were not
concerned at all with the stock pickups, and said he would be doing-this and doing-
that to it.
I can almost guarantee Prince used treble bleeds.

I have chased the prince tone and it is definitely easier to get there with a treble bleed and the volume rolled off.

DustyRhodesJr

I can almost guarantee Prince used treble bleeds.

I have chased the prince tone and it is definitely easier to get there with a treble bleed and the volume rolled off.

We did not get that detailed- here is what I recall:

He was going to put EMG pickups in it, and change out the tuners (I think to locking ones).

They were concerned about the action, and did not want it to be high- which, I assume, meant
that he liked his action fairly low and they did not want to have to do a lot of action adjustment
in order to get it how he wanted.

It was to be a backup guitar, but I assured them that it was nice enough to be anyones
main guitar, especially with those mods.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom