• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Princeton Reverb - low end farting @ 3

mingo

My Princeton Reverb (silverface) seems to be distorting on the low E string above the 2.5/3 mark. Anything I can do to stop this? Right now I have a Ragin Cajun speaker, in it.

Would a better Output Transformer help with this issue?? Something like the TO20 from Allen Amps?

hasserl

Keep the Bass turned down below 3. Replace the filter cap if not already done (consider upping the first stage capacitance value). A better speaker (12" recommended). Change the first gain stage cathode bypass cap to 4.7uf. A OT swap can make a big difference, especially when paired with a 12" speaker, but I would do the other things first, much easier & cheaper, and less invasive.

DGTCrazy

Mod Squad
Staff member
Maybe your guitar has gas? (sorry...I couldn't help myself)

Hope you get it fixed!

TimmyP

On my boss's BFPR, we replaced the dead OPT with an older Mojo Deluxe OPT (mounting hole was pre-drilled at the factory), and reduced the value of the poweramp coupling caps to 1/10 of the original. It sounds great.

mingo

Anyone know if the PaulC mod would help this?

Also it is a push pull model, does it have a linear pot on the volume? If so would an audio pot help with this at all??

Trending Topics