Pritchard price query...

guitrr

Reverb Junkie
In an effort to cut down on our part of this over-materialistic society of ours, and just because we've decided that we have too much stuff, I am putting my Pritchard Sword of Satori up for sale.

It's a first rate amp, really top notch, but I'm up to my eyeballs in top notch equipment, and to be frank, while the Sword is a great amp, it's not my go-to amplifier, or even the second string backup. The amp is about two years old, and is in top notch condition, I'd say a 9 1/2 out of ten. It's got a wine colored tolex that doesn't appear on many of Eric's amps, which does make it unique.

The problem is, I've combed the net, and the archives of several internet guitar communities, and I cannot find where anybody has sold one. Hence, I really don't know how much to ask for it. They sell for $2,225.00 brand new, but I've no clue what the used market value of my amp is. I know solid state is a niche, particularly among those buying amps in that price range, and feel that will bring down the resale value a bit. I do want it to sell, but on the other hand, I don't want to give it away.

My experience with the amp has lead me to feel that while it's a very versatile amp, the players who would probably be the most interested in it are jazz guitarists. And you know they're broke :D

Any advice?

Thanks,
Kane

Last edited:

Madison

$1500 will put you into competition with a lot of good tube amps. The last SS amp I considered was the Mackie Hot Wire, and we all know how that turned out. But, you have to start $ somewhere. Good luck with your sale.

bettset

i have a gold estoc. records brilliantly. live it is very good too. as for a price, you don't see many guys selling these amps. i don't think there are that many out there--when a guy buys one, from what i know is they keep it. it is as close to tube as solid state will get for now. thru jbl's-unbelievable. everyone is scared to pay big $$$ for a solid state amp. but it is an "exotic" solid state amp. i won't sell mine-it is versatile. yes, i will use tube amps live for the most part, but when recording--it mikes up way too easy. the textures are there. all the colors. just add after effects (delay-echo) as needed. it says "soul candy" on the back. very accurate.

Last edited:

Trending Topics