Pro Analog pedals

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Ned, Jan 27, 2006.

1. Ned

Ned Member

im starting to look into the Pro Analog pedal line and the two I am interested are the Dual Drive or the Power Driver. I was seeing if people had one or both of these pedals and how they compare, especially on the PD such as how it works as a clean boost//OD//fuzz which i have G.A.S for immensly thanks!

2. Last Nerve

Last Nerve Supporting Member

I"ve heard nothing but good things on the Dual Drive.
    I've been waiting to pick one up used..but they NEVER come up for sale!
    That outta tell you something.

3. jpagey

jpagey Supporting Member

I had a Dual Drive and sold it (actually 2, the first one was missing 1-2 trannies and didn't sound good so Mr. Proanalog replaced it), sorry I can't help you. I bought mine used from the Emporium. If you watch the Emporium ads you will see they do come up for sale on the TGP.

4. Lefty

Lefty Member

[​IMG]

I have both, and they are BOTH GREAT!! I use the DD for dirty rhythm (green channel) and the red channel for leads. There isn't a bad setting on it! As for the PD, you can see how I have the gain (far left) and the volume (far right) set. This gives me just a touch of hair around the note and a nice boost, for clean(er) leads than the green channel of the DD. If you go anywhere past 3:00 on the gain it becomes a serious Si fuzz, and I have to back the volume down to about 11-12ish. As you may have heard the DD sounds best at 12V. The PD kicked my Klon off my board, simply for the versatility in gain, and then for the tone. If more guys had a chance to check out the Power Driver, Scotty wouldn't get any sleep!!

5. Ned

Ned Member

how can i contact scotty? his website has been down forawhile :(

6. TDavis

TDavis Member

Give him a call at this number, 219-670-5363 (between 12:00 pm and 6:00pm central time) ...BTW, I have the Dirt Royale and like it alot.
    Terry

7. muddy

muddy Member

i've got all 3, and they are ALL great pedals. you'll go berzerk for the pd, but you'll want 2 of 'em because turned up, the fuzz is just TOO good! and the 2 tone controls are unbelievably effective. HUGE bass response! and the play you'll get with your git's volume is almost infinite, right on down to the glassiest clean tone (with body!), and NO NOIZ!!! it's a very special ped.

the dirt royale is worth a go, as well. i STILL haven't plumbed it's full depths of use, and with a dual drive, they become an arsenal of styles of tone. they work extremely well together. i place the dr after the dd, and i have the pd before both. scotty's been on a very fruitful roll as of late, and if it's possible, has been getting even better. if i had nothing but my pro-a ped's, i'd be MORE than happy.

ml

8. drolling

drolling Member

I, too, was becoming increasingly interested in Pro Analog product, till participaiting in some recent threads that went way beyond imformative in the traditional sense.

There was a pole conducted here some month backs, with the gist of the question being; Would you support a manufacturer whose policies, politicics and/or personal attitudes/values consistuted valid reason to shop elsewhere?

I remember thinking at the time; "Don't the PC police have better things to do w/their time?"

While I don't consider mysef to be a particularly thin-skinned guy, there were times - betwwen bouts of uncomtrollable laughter - when I literally felt my skin crawl from sheer distaste. Thinking I must have missed something anlong the way, I took up one of the more vocal posters on a public invitation to explain his position privatey & offer a little background via PM/e-mail.

Disappointed, but not surprised that this fellow read my friendly & complimentary messages and yet chose to respond to respond to neither.

to borrow a page from Gumby's own over-blown rhetortic* (*and wasn't our poster's namesake's main attribute, ironically, his extreme flexibliy?) I have to go on record as saying that while I'd never think to imply that these much maligned individuals were pederasty prone cannibals w/a taste for necrophia - I feel that I must also qualify for the record that I know nothing, whatesoever, about these gentlemen - other than what they poste right there... and that's more than enough for me..

9. otherone

otherone Supporting Member

NED asked for opinions on proanalog pedals, NOT on political views...keep it about the GEAR!

10. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

FWIW, he is behind some great pedals. I tried a DD that didn't fit my taste for what I needed at the time, but it was a great pedal. He makes some killer pedals.

11. Garygtr

Garygtr Almost as good! Silver Supporting Member

I've never played one, but I have seen them for sale/trade quite frequently on the emporium.....not a rap, just a fact.

12. sanhozay

sanhozay klon free since 2009

If they are voiced anything like his cyberspace persona then they must be absolutely explosive sounding.

13. Lefty

Lefty Member

Sorry Ned, looks like you've said the dirty words...Pro Analog. If you want a more non Scotty biased opinions regarding his pedals, maybe you should try the Music Toyz forums. I think all your going to get is heat around here.

14. Brian Scherzer

Brian Scherzer Staff Member

I would hope that things are sorted out and that people stick to talking about the pedals and not personalize anything. I am determined to get this place back to what it should be......a place where there is no perceived need for verbal wrestling matches!

15. fatback

fatback Member

Scotty's MKII is an amazingly huge, yet dynamic fuzz. :AOK

16. teleblaster

teleblaster Member

+10000000 - I think they should practice what they PREACH!!!

17. Shawn Tubbs

Shawn Tubbs Member

I have a Dirt Royale with cheeze and love it as a push box and am waiting for my dual drive to hit from Scotty. The dirt royale pretty much kills and I'm sure the DD will as well. Scotty was very helpful and kind in his emails. Looking forward to better tones.

Shawn

18. Ken

Ken Member

I've had my Dual Drive for over a year now and it is still my go to pedal...

I sold my AC Booster because of non-use!

Now between the TIM & the DD, I have what works for me.

19. Lefty

Lefty Member

That's kind of the achelies (sp) heel of the DD. You need to have your amp cranked in order for it to shine. If the situation arises you can't crank your amp at a gig, you may come up tonally short. But then again that applies to ALOT of OD's.

20. duende

duende Member

I use the PD, DD, MKII, Supa Quack... (but I also own many OD's from other makers as well)

Out of the bunch, the PD and the Supa easily would make it into my top ped lists of all time. Not that the other's aren't great... just that the PD and the Supa transcend above, and work with all my amps, at all levels, and play nicely with all my other peds.

I've yet to try a DR... but sounds like another winner from what I've heard.

As for the DD, it's undeniably a killer OD timbre... but it can be a bit tricky in set-up. No OD is everyone's cup of tea.

Lefty... made some killer clips of it recently. Maybe he'll post 'em, so you all can hear what I and others have been raving about for sometime now.

The trick I've learned with both my DD and PD is that as soon as I set them up on stage, I turn both peds on and leave 'em on. People will say I'm nuts, but they both open up to my ears after they've been on for 10 minutes or so.