Pro Analog, Supa-Quack (demo vids)

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by fatback, May 12, 2006.

1. fatback

fatback Member

Oh boy, it's great to be back home. I've been keeping busy with the vid clips while things were down around here. Here's the latest, a demo of the Pro Analog, Supa-Quack wah. Pardon the repost if you already caught these on BAM or HCfx tonight. I'll throw up links to some of the other vids I've made in the past month later, but if you are interested, they are already linked on Google-video. I hope to see more folks posting vids soon. I'll be making a "Tips for making and posting vid clips" thread soon in hopes of getting more folks involved.

Cheers and welcome back everybody! -John.

He are a couple of short vids I made to demo the Pro Analog, Supa-Quack wah. Scotty built mine in an old Clyde McCoy, Vox housing. This is by far the sweetest sounding wah I've ever played. Major props to Scotty on this one.

Since some wahs seem to exhibit a bias toward humbuckers or single coils, I made two different vids with different guitars. No problem for the S-Q.

I used my regular rig with a couple of additions:

Guitar-->

->Pro Analog Dua Drive
    ->Pro Analog Sup-Quack Wah
    ->Valveboy tube od
    ->tc dual para-eq
    ->Maxon AD-900 delay

-->mid 60's Princeton, Reverb

singlecoils, (Lentz S):
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1828234358499536221

humbuckers, (Grosh setneck):
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7036509769336508752

[​IMG]
    [sufin' with the Supa-Quack!]

[That was Kato (think original Pink Panther) the killer critic in the second vid.] ;)
    [​IMG]

2. msp

msp Member

3. Dajbro

Dajbro Member

Nice sounding wah. Props for all the videos you've been posting. Keep it up.

David

4. ButchR

ButchR Komet Player Gold Supporting Member

Great sounding wah! I like the video, I'm gonna have to learn how to do that.

5. 58relic

58relic Member

and another great one John!
    Still cannot believe you do this with a simple (?) digital camera.
    So looking forward to your tips how to record these clips.
    I noticed you have the greatest guitars/fx available and this Princeton sounds killer too, not to mention Sean's 1/2 watt in the Tunnel clip, but I wonder what's your favourite amp to use at stage volume?

6. fatback

fatback Member

Thanks for the comments, y'all. With the Supa-quack, Scotty has totally spoiled my ears for any other wah pedal. I used to have 6 wah-wahs but now I'm down to just the Supa-quack and a Chi-Iron, Parachute wah, (which I use mainly for its' freakish heel-stomp auto-filterish sounds)

58relic-
    No favorite amp I'm afraid. It's more about finding the right tool for the job. For stage volume I pick and choose from a few different amps depending on the style and volume requirements. I use a Deluxe Reverb, (sometimes into a Bob Burt 2x12), and a Holland Lil' Jimi combo separate or together if I'm going stereo. I also use an Aiken Tomcat into a 4x12 for louder blues/rock stuff where I don't need crystaline cleans. When I'm feeling really brave, (and my back feels good,) I'll hook up all three. Using a %13 Switchazel, I can choose between my cleans in stereo, (using an Auralux, Supa-Trem), the Tomcat screaming through the 4x12, or all three! I keep a few extra sets of earplugs in the studio for those moments. ;)

These days I'm really digging playing sans pedals into an early 60's Vox, Cambridge combo on top of a 1x10 extension speaker. With my Grosh ST I can dime, (er.. 6) the amp and get all my sounds from the guitar. In a small room it's an incredibly fun amp to play.

7. fatback

fatback Member

the Pro-Analog site is back up! ...with a few new additions mentioned near the bottom of the page.

http://www.proanalog.com/

:dude

8. JKoeth

JKoeth Supporting Member

I've got a Supa Quack too. It's the best wah I've heard to date and it eats pedals too.

9. Ed Rembold

Ed Rembold Member

That IS a great sounding wah.
    nice playing.

Ed R.

10. Melodic Dreamer

Melodic Dreamer Member

how does it compare against the Fulltone or the Picture wah?

11. JKoeth

JKoeth Supporting Member

I had the Pic and while it is great (and I love Geoffrey) the Supa was it for me.

12. theFaf

theFaf Member

The SupaQuack is the BOMB!!! It is my #1 wah and has been since it arrived a couple of years ago. I still have a Chicago Iron Parachute wah as well, but it only gets the occasional nod depending on the tune.

Scott

13. cocheese

cocheese Supporting Member

14. fatback

fatback Member

great clips! and some very tastey wah-age.:AOK

... but now you've got me gassing for a Voxer. That thing sounds incredible!