Pro Analog users please stand up !

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by ROKY, Aug 30, 2005.

1. ROKY

ROKY Member

I'm kinda late to the party,, well, actually, I haven't gotten there, yet .

From my 'net research, it seems he makes the best ToneBender Mk II clone, around.

I see he's discontinued the Scary Face, but has another Fuzz in
    the works, soon to be released that has all the great Fuzz tones
    combined .

The Fuzz Royale/Cheeze , , also the Dirt Royale w/Cheeze sounds
    equally cool.

What's the verdict Proanalog users ?
    I think my first foray will probably be the MK II

2. agentcooper2001

agentcooper2001 Member

i don't know yet, I've got a Dirt Royale w/Cheese on the way and that will be my first Pro Analog pedal.

3. ROKY

ROKY Member

Awesome, I see he just officially releases that one, as of today.
    Can't wait to hear about it after you've sussed out the controls !

" 1 Dirt Royale w/Cheeze, please.. " :cool:

4. PinkStrat

PinkStrat Member

I have a MKII and a Power Driver is on the way to me as I write this post. Scotty rocks big time!:)

5. Rollo Timbre

Rollo Timbre Member

I love my Dual Drive. If I had to choose just one OD, it would be the pedal.

6. duende

duende Member

People are going to think we're a cult, but f 'em!

Dual Drive
    Supa Quack
    MKII
    Power Driver

There's some great custom pedal builders out there, and Scotty's up there with the best of them.

7. muddy

muddy Member

i'm still waitin' on that powerdrive!!! which one of you guys has it? a week & a half's a bit greedy, no? c'mon, stop glommin' & pass it along!!! :mad: so coop, is your dirt royale the 1st one off the assembly line? i am SO dyin' to get my hands on one!! that, and the BUMBLE!!! it just gets better & better, doesn't it? seems like scotty is a man possessed these dayz! all the better for us! :dude :dude :cool:

ml

8. duende

duende Member

still waitin' on mine too Mud... It's okay though, been too busy to try and figure out a place for it on my board anyways.

It'll be a very nice surpize when it arrives... probably take work off

;)

9. CBeeper

CBeeper Supporting Member

Dual Drive and Supa Quack. Two of the best known to man! I'm achin' for a Power Driver too.

10. e-flat

e-flat Supporting Member

Scary Face: Owned one for a while, very very good Fuzz Face. Much better IMHO than the MJM London I used to own. Didn't hang on to it though...I've never connected 100% with a traditional FF circuit. May revisit this one.

MKII: Borrowed cubb65's for a bit, and was thoroughly impressed. A very nice take on the MKII circuit, and right up there with my D*A*M MKII. Sounds like Scotty can tweak these to suit. Is he making them anymore?

Dual Drive: Absolutley awesome and inspiring. So hard to describe...natural, extension of the amp, enhancing, simple and effective. Makes me VERY curious about Scotty's upcoming original designs.

Power Driver: Want one so bad I can taste it :dude And a Supa Quack for dessert.

11. cubba65

cubba65 Member

I've got a "few!"
    Every one is a keeper. Really meant to be gigged with. They are impressive when used alone but really shine in a performing and/or studio situation. You can tell they weren't tested with an amp on low volume. They were meant to blend into an amp that is competing with other sound sources. Scotty hears stuff much in the same way I do or else I wouldn't dig his gear so much.
    If nothing more, they are really solid, built to last, working man's gear for folks who want something better than what's commonly available.

Waiting on the Power Driver for a few weeks now and will be selling some gear in September and this autumn to raise cash for the newer pedz he's got in the works.

12. the_Chris

the_Chris It's All Been Done Before Gold Supporting Member

I have the Dual Drive and Supa Quack and wouldn't trade either one of them for anything else. They are the best of the best :cool:

13. fatback

fatback Member

Scary Face:eek: MKII:dude Dual Drive:AOK

Scotty knows his stuff.

14. duende

duende Member

Hey Fatback... you in SF??? I'm in the mission. Maybe now that's there is two of us PA fanatics, Scotty will send more demo pedals out to the west coast for some testing;)

:dude

15. todd richman

todd richman Senior Member

Absolutely the Best!!!

I have the Dual Drive and Power Driver with a Dirt Royale w/ Cheeze on the way.

They are dynamic, 3-dimensional and so full of drippingly good tone. They do sound best at high volume through non-master amps.

I use PAF les Pauls with 1959 Super Lead amps and I have gone through a ton of dirt boxes to get here. Scotty just has a vintage mojo in his pedals that kills all else with virtually no hiss or other noise.

Now if I could only convicne him to make me a Boost Royale with Cheeze(3 prototypes are in existence) and a a MkII which I think is discontinued. I will really not use many other dirt boxes from now on.

16. flash1

flash1 Member

I'm lucky enough to own a supa quack, the wah to end all wahs.

17. cubba65

cubba65 Member

mmmmm
    Mission burritos

better than pedals

doh!

18. fatback

fatback Member

MMMMmmm: Pancho Villia's super prawn burrito gut-buster special.

OOhhhh: La Corenetta's quesadilla madness

Aaahhhh: La Cumbre's carne asada, (and Santana exhibit)

Strawberry Fresca's all around!

now back to our regularly scheduled Pro -Analog love fest... bring on the Bumble!

19. mickey69

mickey69 Member

i have a mkii and a powerdriver. both sound fantastic.

20. Spellbound

Spellbound Member

I'm still waiting for the clips and descriptions of the newest pedals to woo me, the way the writeups on the dual drive had me chomping at the bit.

I had to have that dual drive and still love it right between my Tim and my Cornish G2 fuzz.