Pro Guitar Shop Demos, Play with a pick!!

carrjimi

Silver Supporting Member
i mean this with all due respect, but the PGS pedal demos sound the same. I wish he would do some where he played with a pick.

He's a fantastic player but literally every demo sounds the same. Most rock and country players play with a pick and it gives a completely different attack on the amp and pedal.

Anybody else notice this?

Last edited:

winterblu

Silver Supporting Member
PGS Andy is just right the way he is. There's a video in there where he discusses his right hand technique.
You say "they all sound the same" whereas I say the consistency helps highlight the gear being demoed.

Also love Mike Hermans
Ditto.

dhdfoster

Gold Supporting Member
His playing without a pick sets him apart from most players. His demos are consistently good, and he chooses an interesting mix of songs as a foundation. He's even got a couple Reverend Horton Heat songs thrown in here and there. I think most people enjoy his demos, and I'd be willing to bet he's sold a lot of gear because of them.

He should definitely change the way he's playing.

FuzzyAce

i mean this with all due respect, but the PGS pedal demos sound the same. Guy needs to use a pick!

He's a fantastic player but literally every demo sounds the same. Most rock and country players play with a pick and it gives a completely different attack on the amp and pedal.

lol, with all due respect, pgs is where they are today because of Andy and what he brings to the table.

ES330

Do you mean demonstrating his un-effected tone? It seems like in almost every video he says "and here is my clean tone", and then you can see him lean over as he stomps on the pedal to turn it on.

Yes, but he only demonstrates the clean tone once in a video.
He should turn the pedal on/off more often than once...
He changes pickups, vol/tone and even multiple guitars in a video.

mamm7215

His playing without a pick sets him apart from most players. His demos are consistently good, and he chooses an interesting mix of songs as a foundation. He's even got a couple Reverend Horton Heat songs thrown in here and there. I think most people enjoy his demos, and I'd be willing to bet he's sold a lot of gear because of them.

He should definitely change the way he's playing.
He's sold me some things...

Steve Hotra

Silver Supporting Member
PGS Andy is just right the way he is. There's a video in there where he discusses his right hand technique.
You say "they all sound the same" whereas I say the consistency helps highlight the gear being demoed.

Also love Mike Hermans

Exactly.
My 2017 goal is to get more comfortable playing without a pick.

TCMx3

i mean this with all due respect, but the PGS pedal demos sound the same. Guy needs to use a pick!

yeah that's because of the pedals not Andy lol.

70 Mach 1

Silver Supporting Member
ehh i dont pay any attention to most demos when the first words out of their pie holes are "here is this great pedal, and im going to demo it thru my 62 Strat and my very own Fuchs 2-12 50 "

I don't like PGS demos. It's almost like he's so good at doing what he does, the review gets lost in translation. Like he's so good at recreating the songs, that I usually just hear the original in my head. I usually find some no name reviewer doing what I'm looking for.

With that being said, PGS is the first place I go for demos haha. He's fun to watch and gets the point across.

JonnyQ

In all due respect, complete disagree with OP.

The accuracy and variety of near note-for-note cover tunes PGS Andy performs with his technique is impressive, especially since many of the original songs were performed by guitarists using a pick.

True, his demos draw primarily from the classic rock/alternative rock lexicon (in other words, never seen a demo in which he plays jazz or country,) but he always seems to find appropriate songs that demonstrate the salient qualities of the pedals on display.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom