• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Pro Junior: reducing hiss

Griz

Greetings, all. My '93 PJ sounds lovely. No biggie, just wondering if there are any cost effective ways to reduce hiss (or is that just the price you pay for a fairly hot sound out of a simple circuit?).

Thanks in advance, gurus.

Scottone

Greetings, all. My '93 PJ sounds lovely. No biggie, just wondering if there are any cost effective ways to reduce hiss (or is that just the price you pay for a fairly hot sound out of a simple circuit?).

Thanks in advance, gurus.
You can put a 12AY7 in the first position. The hiss will be reduced, but the sound will also be cleaner.

soldersucker

1.The screw in the upper middle of the back panel,back it out
2. lower gain peramp tubes 12at7 works for me
3.never seen one dead quiet but they sound damm good don't they.

Griz

3.never seen one dead quiet but they sound damm good don't they.
They surely do.

Right now I'm running mine through a Marshall 1965B cab, with the tone control full up to compensate for the cab's low-mid boominess. Sounds fabulous.

I'll probably try the 12AY7 suggestion from scottone first; that made a huge improvement to a Bassman reissue I once had. If too much hiss persists I'll definitely check into the 12AT7. Thanks for the advice.

Afterthought: could the phase inverter tube be the culprit?

Trending Topics