• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Pro Reverb trade pending

steadygarcia

Hey guys. Thinking of trading my Orange Rocker 30 head for a '72 Pro Reverb that's been BF-ed. Speakers apparently aren't stock, but they are vintage Jensens (code begins with 220). I've attached some photos ... anyone recognize these as Jensens?

slider313

Gold Supporting Member
They're '64 C12P's. The gold frame suggests they may have been in a stereo or organ. Any pics of the cones?

steadygarcia

No, that's all I have so far. The owner's calling me tonight to discuss the deal. I'm trying to figure out how much cash I should ask for (along with the Pro) in exchange for my Orange Rocker 30 head. I'm thinking he may be expecting a straight up trade.

Mickey Shane

apolitical
Gold Supporting Member
Those speaker cones aren't ribbed. Another place that they may have come from is a PA. But of course, you won't be giving him any speakers.

The grille cloth looks new on the PR. Logo's missing too. If your orange is like new, I'd consider looking for some other PRs to trade for. OT needs to be original on the 72.

Just me thinking out loud. 72 is a good year for a silverface Pro Reverb. They hadn't installed the pesky Master Volume yet.

There's no logic in trading. Both people need to be happy with what they are getting.

Good luck!

steadygarcia

Apparently this Pro has been converted to BF spec. I'll check the OT. The seller says that the original owner gave him all of the serial numbers for the transformers and other parts, so I'll ask. I wasn't particularly in the market for a Pro, but I listed my Orange locally and this is the best trade offer I got. I love vintage Fenders, and I don't own a Pro, so this deal does appeal to me.

JDJ

Silver Supporting Member
With that hole in the back of the chassis, you need to look under the hood. I think you could do better from a condition standpoint.

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
Looks like an old MV mod on the back there. The speakers are WAY underpowered for that amp (C12Ps expect maybe 14w each?) and will probably break up too soon and have flubby bass, so plan on needing to buy Webers. Get him to keep the speakers and throw in $400, might be worth while (it's a $600-700 amp like that, I'd guess).

steadygarcia

Looks like an old MV mod on the back there. The speakers are WAY underpowered for that amp (C12Ps expect maybe 14w each?) and will probably break up too soon and have flubby bass, so plan on needing to buy Webers. Get him to keep the speakers and throw in $400, might be worth while (it's a $600-700 amp like that, I'd guess).
That sounds pretty reasonable to me, depending on who did the mods, what these mods are, etc. I'll have to find out about that little hole in the back and any potential MV mods.

steadygarcia

Turns out buddy was looking for a straight-up trade ... which I told him was out of the question. He's still interested in a trade however, if there isn't too much money coming from him. He gave me the transformer codes:
PT: 606-1-41
OT: 606-44717
Choke: 606-1-35
He also gave me a code for a "reverb transformer" ... never heard of one of those, I don't think there is such a thing, is there?? It was 606-123. The date on the amp (signed by one Richard Hand, is January 7, 1972. Anyone know if those codes are original transformer codes?

slider313

Gold Supporting Member
The codes on all the tranny's date to '71 except the OT. That number should have three numbers after the 606. If it's a 4 that's after the 606.. then it's been replaced with a later unit. Yes, there is a reverb transformer.

steadygarcia

The codes on all the tranny's date to '71 except the OT. That number should have three numbers after the 606. If it's a 4 that's after the 606.. then it's been replaced with a later unit. Yes, there is a reverb transformer.
Hmm ... he also said that under the OT code there was another number 022848 ... that mean anything?

steadygarcia

Yeah, I already shot him an e-mail to confirm the number. I also sent a note to the guy who sold him the amp. He's a vintage gear collector in Moncton. He should be able to shed some light on the mods done to this thing. I'm starting to get a little wary of this amp.

Trending Topics