1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Pro Tools 10 Issue

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by bronco1891, Feb 1, 2012.

1. bronco1891

bronco1891 Member

Hello everyone, I am having a bit of an issue with saving my Pro Tools session.
    I have to a school project, I downloaded the file with all audio files and everything. I did my mix, saved and all that. And now i have to make the session compatible with our schools systems which are on 9, not 10. The format for 10 is a .ptx file and the format for a 9 session are .ptf. When i go to change my file from a .ptx to a .ptf, it asks me if i want to change it, i click yes, then all my audio tracks go away completely and all i have is a blank session.

am i doing something wrong? I check the disk allocation and all audio files are being saved to the same place, but they just disappear.. weird.

2. WKG

WKG Supporting Member

Go to "Save Session Copy" to the "Session Format" drop down menu, select ProTools 7->9, check the other appropriate boxes, audio files, plugin settings etc and you should be good to go.

3. bronco1891

bronco1891 Member