• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Pro Tools External Hard Drive question.

GuitarDude

So I'm still very new to the pro tools thing. I'm probably doing everything the hard way, but it works okay for the demos for my band. I'm using a digidesign interface with two inputs.

I have a external hard drive that I was hoping to use to keep those big files off my macbook's drive. But when I hook up the external drive, and tell pro tools to save the files to the external HD, it gives me an error message and says the I can't record.

What do I need to do to save audio files on the external HD?

thanks!
-gd

mds

Have you tried switching the drive to a Record volume in the Workspace (I think) screen? You should probably record to that drive all the time, PT will be happier not recording to the local drive.

Somniferous

I had that problem once when I installed an update for protools 8. What i did was trash the preference files, empty the trash, then reboot. There is a program out there now to do that, since it cure alot of problems, and is usually the first thing digidesign tells you to do in any sort of problem arises. The program is called ProTools Pref and Database Helper. If that doesn't help I'd head over to the digidesign forum and ask there.

Trending Topics