Pro Tools LE question

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by flyingvees, Jan 28, 2008.

1. flyingvees

flyingvees Member

Hey guys heres a weird one for ya. I bought LE 001 years ago and used it in my studio. Through moving and not recording any I have lost the hardware key that goes with it. I am the original owner and have all the paper on it...Is there a way for me to bypass or get something to make this useable again? I checked on a new key and Digi says 200.00 I think..For that I will just get a newer program...Any help will be appreciated.

2. JCM 800

JCM 800 Silver Supporting Member

If you are the original owner and have it registered with Digi, I think they will help you out. I know that the 001 is not supported in 7.x versions. Might be time to upgrade.

3. Dave Klausner

Dave Klausner Member

I'm not sure what you mean by a hardware key. The Digi001 had 2 hardware parts - the breakout box and the PCI card. Both are necessary for it to work.

If you have the hardware but not the software, you can get the software pretty easily. Contact Digi's customer service and tell them you need a copy of ProTools LE version 6.4.1 (make sure your computer will be compatible with it). They will sell you that for a discount off the $75 that version 7.4 sells for.

4. flyingvees

flyingvees Member

The hardware key is a dongle...Green key looking thing. I did contact digi and their answer was a new key for 200.00 These keys are not specific for the serial numbers so I dont understand how someone hasnt come up with a replacement thats cost effective...But I guess thats why they are in buisness....:rolleyes:

5. delichef

delichef Member

Hmm, I used to have an 001 and don't remember a key like that. Was that something they issued after they killed PTLEfree?

6. DANOCASTER

DANOCASTER Supporting Member

It sure sounds like you are describing an iLok key. Software for the 001 never used an iLok - but NEWER Digi LE software does- as do most of the current plug-ins. Are you SURE you need the iLok to get PT LE up and running - cause you should need that to run the software ( maybe some plug-ins you're using.. not sure how that old software works w/ newer plug-ins )

EDIT : Possibly PT LE 6.0 started using an iLok - maybe thats what you were running- do you know ? You are still running OX9, right ?

7. Grun

Grun Supporting Member

You only need the ilok to run certain of the plug ins.

8. DANOCASTER

Pro Tool LE 7.0 SOFTWARE is on the ilok - the software authorization itself. So that would prevent you from doing anything

What I was referring to is most of the NON Digi plugs require iLok

9. JCM 800

JCM 800 Silver Supporting Member

First, PT 7.0 software is NOT on iLok. I ran 7.x for over a year before I actually got an iLok because some plugins I bought needed it.

Second, the 7.x issue is irrelevant since you can only use the 001 with PT 6.4 and lower.

I was never aware of a PT dongle either? The PT hardware IS the dongle.

10. DANOCASTER

OK.. it's been a while since I was on LE - w/ PTHD, the software IS on an iLok

I stand corrected