Pro Tools

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by wescattle, Feb 18, 2009.

1. wescattle

wescattle Member

So i have the digi002 rack and have been using it fine for a couple years, now i get a new computer and don't have the protools disc. Is there anyway i can buy just the protools software, or will i have to buy an mbox just to get the program?

2. Bryan T

Bryan T Guitar Owner Silver Supporting Member

You should be able to download it from Digidesign's site, though you'll probably have to pay for an upgrade if you haven't upgraded recently.

3. wescattle

wescattle Member

But my computer is new, i have no protools program to upgrade. Does that matter?

4. Bryan T

Bryan T Guitar Owner Silver Supporting Member

I don't remember for certain, but I think it would ask for details on the Digi002 unit.

5. KennyM

KennyM Supporting Member

I've had this happen before. Contact Digidesign Customer Support. As long as you registered your 002 they will provide a link to download your version of software. It's a long download so if you're thinking about upgrading now is the time to do it. Not sure which version you're running, but the last couple of upgrades have been well worth the upgrade price especially if you're running on a newer faster computer.

6. Platinum Sample

Platinum Sample Member

No - you can purchase a new upgrade that doesn't require a previous version.

Rail

7. jumpnblues

jumpnblues Member

Yep.

Tom