Pro Tremoverb players?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by granite, Jan 4, 2006.

1. granite

granite Member

Do you think we can come up with a list of pro players/bands that use Tremoverbs?

It's difficult for me to tell the TVerb apart from the regular Dual Rect on songs that I hear on CD/radio.

For instance, I think "Better Than Ezra" and "My morning Jacket" use a Tverb. What about bands like RadioHead? Any others out there using the Tverb?

2. FenderAmpGas

FenderAmpGas Member

2 off the top of my head:

Mike Einziger of Incubus
    Ed O'Brien of Radiohead

3. Chiba

Chiba Gold Supporting Member

Yeah, the guy from Incubus used to use them. Not sure what he uses now.

I played bass in a band recently where the lead guitarist used a Tremoverb 'neutered' down to 50W. It simply sounded CRUSHING - as high gain as the Dual Recs but with so much more ... flavor. It's one of the few Mesas I'd consider owning myself.

--chiba

4. SFW

SFW Member

Bush used TOVs

5. TNJ

TNJ Gold Supporting Member

Peter Buck used them a bit with REM...along with Vox, Matchless etc.

S.
    j

6. smallcrap

smallcrap Member

I saw part of some of a Fleetwood Mac concert on TV and I was surprised to see Lindsey Buckingham with two Tremoverb heads behind him.

I saw Incubus on the last tour and he'd changed to using some kind of Marshall head and a Mesa 2x12 (with the nameplate removed) and a Vox AC30. Anyway, his rig lost sound in the middle of a song and his tech came scrambling out and shoved his whole rig to the side to get in the back, and there was a Tremo head sitting there on it's side. So I guess it's his backup now.

7. Beam Tetrode

Beam Tetrode Member

Art Alexakis of Everclear

8. MattB

MattB Member

Didn't Dave Grohl use them before he switched to Road Kings?

9. Ed DeGenaro

Ed DeGenaro Supporting Member

He did.

10. Caroway

Caroway Member

I thought he just used 2 channel DRs.

11. granite

granite Member

Is Everclear still together?

I've always thought that Fred from Divided by 13 looks a lot like Art Alexakis. At least from the pictures of Fred that I have seen.

Distant cousins?

12. black_dice

black_dice Member

Jeff Buckley used them along with Vibrokings. RIP

13. karmadave

karmadave Member

Dave Meneketti from Y&T uses them.

14. Beam Tetrode

Beam Tetrode Member

I'm pretty sure Everclear split. I think Art declared bankruptcy... something to do with the IRS, and not paying taxes for a couple of years...

The pictures are misleading. I've met Fred Taccone; he does not look much like Art.

15. granite

granite Member

I guess the guy from Catherine Wheel also played a TV. What was that song of theirs that was popular?...Black Metalic or something like that. Cool trem effects in that song.

16. ericb

ericb Silver Supporting Member

I thought the first time I saw Dada, Michael Gurley had a Tremoverb, but I don't remember that stuff too well.. Every other time he's had a Dual Rectifier head (I've seen them about 7 times) ... Last time I saw King's X , Ty Tabor had rackmount dual rectifiers... They're 2 of my favorite guitarists ever who get very different tones from these amps.. I have a Tremoverb and it's absolutely killer. I have lots of absolutely killer amps, but each time I read posts about guys who'don't get Tremoverbs' I'm not sure what to think , as they're so easy to get great tones from . Hell , Michael in Dada is getting his sounds from the Dual Or Solo and it's not even as nice as the Tremoverbs!!! BUT of course he's using Boss pedals, and everyone knows they suck . . . :AOK

ERIC

17. enharmonic

enharmonic Old Growth Gold Supporting Member

18. ericb

ericb Silver Supporting Member

Did he? Wow, I never knew that... I presumed he used different amps thru different periods of Soundgarden? The only time I was lucky enough to catch them in concert was 1 of the Lollapalooza's and they stole the show (matched with the Chili Peppers, Pearl Jam, Ice Cube, Jesus and Mary Chain, Ministry,etc.. ) They were absolutely great! (My band's always played lots of their tunes including Spoonman, BlackHole Sun, Fell On Black Days, Outshined, etc and those were some of my most fun tunes to play in my cover bands. The tones were easy to get for me with almost any of my amp/pedal rigs as that's close to my normal sounds anyway! ERIC