• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Problem with DRRI. Please Help??

mitsukoshi

Hey guys!

I got a Deluxe Reverb Reissue early last month. A week or so ago, I noticed the "normal" channel sounded very quiet and muffled, especially when I plugged in my Big Muff. The Vibrato Channel sounds fine. In the time I've owned it, I've played it at very high volumes and plugged in a bass on several occasions. Any ideas as to what the problem is?

Thanks!
-Taylor

bob-i

Hey guys!

I got a Deluxe Reverb Reissue early last month. A week or so ago, I noticed the "normal" channel sounded very quiet and muffled, especially when I plugged in my Big Muff. The Vibrato Channel sounds fine. In the time I've owned it, I've played it at very high volumes and plugged in a bass on several occasions. Any ideas as to what the problem is?

Thanks!
-Taylor
It could be a bad tube. V1 is the normal channel.

TeddyTrey

mitsukoshi, did you resolve your drri normal channel issue? solution? i might have the same issue with the drri normal channel. thanks!

modernp

Did you blow a speaker by playing bass thru it. How is the volume with just the guitar plugged in no effects.

Peteyvee

Premium Platinum Member
Swap V1 and V2 and see if it follows the tube. In other words, the normal channel will clear up and the vibrato channel will get muffled if it's a preamp tube... they're the smaller tubes with metal shields around them.

V1 is all the way on one side and V2 is next to it. Before you do this, make sure the amp is off, not just on standby. Also make sure the pins lined up correctly when you reseated them in the sockets before you turn the amp back on. If that's it, replace the bad tube. Easy Peasy...

TeddyTrey

Thanks for the advice! Do I need to turn off and leave the amp unplugged for a certain amount of time to avoid/reduce the risk of electrocution?

Don A

Gold Supporting Member
You need leave it turned off just long enough for the tubes to cool so you don't burn yourself. You won't be electrocuted.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom