Problem with Eleven Rack and FCB1010

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by The Interceptor, Mar 29, 2015.

1. The Interceptor

The Interceptor Member

I've got the FCB1010 with Eureka Prom for my 11R and it's a good combo. However I've noticed that the expression pedals won't reliably go to 10.0, despite recalibrating multiple times.

If I move the pedals slowly, then they will go to 10.0. But if I rapidly move the pedal(s), they will finish around 9.0 - 9.3.

I don't know if this is normal and I've never noticed it before - in which case I'm not too bothered - but if it is new and represents some sort of degradation I'll be a little disappointed.

Anyone else experienced this?

2. slybird

slybird Member

I have a very old FCB1010. I don't use the rockers much, thus I haven't noticed. Have you tried recalibration without pushing to the full range? Try leaving a little gap at the up and down ends of the sweep for 0 and 127. Maybe a matchbook's thickness.

3. The Interceptor

The Interceptor Member

Tried that, no dice.

Anyone else have any idea?

4. roachone

roachone Member

I had that exact problem with mine. There is a procedure to do that will fix it. You have to remove the bottom cover and fix it there. Its been a long time since I fixed mine, I will try to find that article for you.

5. roachone

roachone Member

6. The Interceptor

The Interceptor Member

Thanks for that. I didn't speak the language but I got the idea of what he did: basically he put some black tape on the pedal "flag" so as to block the photo diode at the bottom of the pedal travel. What I don't understand is how this provides a smooth gradient. From what I have seen of the flag, it becomes gradually darker - surely the gradual change in "opacity" is key to getting a successful operation of the pedal output?

7. The Interceptor

The Interceptor Member

Bump...anyone else had this problem / fixed this problem? Thanks in advance.