problem with SOLO function on Mesa RectoVerb

G

ggarriso

Hey guys, Ive been having trouble with the solo function on my mesa rectoverb, it usually doesnt work.. OCCASIONALLY itll just start to work . its weird.. any clues?

John Phillips

Sounds like a switching problem - possibly a sticking relay - or some other intermittent connection, like a bad solder joint.

At least if it generally doesn't work it should be relatively easy to trace - the worst kinds of faults are those which only occur rarely - ie not when it's in bits on the bench :rolleyes:.

PaulC

My Schematics for those are at work, so I can't point you to which one, but I'd look at the LDR switches in the unit. There are a ton of those in there that deal with the switching functions of the amp. I'd just go ahead and hit all the solder conections for those first. If I had the schematic in front of me I could tell you which ones are in the solo function... I'll try to remember to look today, but my memory bites... PaulC

G

ggarriso

Thanks very much Paul,

Is there any possibility this could be the tubes in any way shape or form? The solo button is basically just a power boost I think and a reeq?

Well here is what makes me ask this question.. I got the amp and the button worked fine.. I only had the amp for a few days before I retubed the preamp tubes(The reverb I am not so sure about :) ).. I decided to throw in a new set of preamp tubes..

Fired it up and it sounded great .. but the button stopped working.. Swapped all the old preamp tubes back in, button still didnt work.. I wonder if a bad preamp tube may have somehow messed up the power amp tubes?? I notice one of them glows a little blue.. I guess thats ok though.. I dont want to drop 50 more dollars on some new power amp tubes only to find out this is all completely unrelated.. booo!

Peter C

This may be a stupid question, but have you made sure the solo level is above your master volume level when switching?

Peter

G

ggarriso

Thanks guys, yep I defenatily checked that out. turned the solo all the way up only to see it make no difference.. is this ver hard to repair?