Problem With T1m Owner Dan

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Buck Naked, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Buck Naked

Buck Naked Member

I purchased a T1M Pearl from another forum member last October. I demoed the pedal upon receipt and found that the touch side was not working properly. I contacted Dan, and he told me to send the pedal in for repair. While in his possession, he also installed a flip flop switch. I got the pedal back two months later, and right out of the box the Touch Drive side was completely inop. I sent Dan a video showing the problem, and he said to send it back for a refund. I sent it back, and now he absolutely will not acknowledge my attempts to contact him. He has now had my pedal for a total of 7 months. All I want is to get my pedal back. Does anyone know how to light a fire under his butt to get it back?

2. tremolo3

tremolo3 Member

3. Sparkfriction

Sparkfriction Member

because "this is mine" - sorry no idea... i just got some bad jokes on my mind but i bite my tounge. i am staying away from threads like this, but 7 months would drive me crazy too.

no idea how builders handle the second hand stuff. if he accepted in the beginning, he should keep it up and just do the support. - for god sake. *fishsmilie.gif*

4. 8len8

8len8 Member

There are sooo many threads about this guy. Sorry, but you should have read up about him before getting the pedal.

5. PerFusionist

PerFusionist Supporting Member

What's even better? If you email him too many times you end up on his "problem customer" list.

Next step in this thread is someone from the P&W crew telling us that they've never had a problem and Dan is a great guy.

6. Blix

Blix Supporting Member

Exactly. He's a saint! :bonk

It's a shame he's still in business.

KeLynne, PerFusionist and Ev O))) like this.
  7. TimeSnow

TimeSnow Member

It's easy enough to simply friend him on facebook and publicly demand a resolution.. it's happened enough times to prove it works...

8. crambone

crambone Supporting Member

Unfortunately, you are correct. I am a member of the aforementioned crew and so many of my P&W brethren follow T1M blindly and pimp out his products in the face of so much proven shadiness.

btdvox, KeLynne, tremolo3 and 3 others like this.
  9. s360guitarist

s360guitarist Silver Supporting Member

The problem is, and I have told Dan this before on a P&W social media group, that it's hard for folks trying to get in touch with a builder when they go to social media and see said builder showing their new guitars or goofing around in their shop. There is nothing wrong with those things until the video has sound and you hear their phone ringing off the wall.

I am a member of said subculture community...and I am unfollowing these guys now. It's just embarrassing.

crambone likes this.
  10. ruger9

ruger9 Supporting Member

Yes.... this seems to be a recurring issue with this guy....

11. Guinness Lad

Guinness Lad Silver Supporting Member

Not sure why people would give that guy a cent, another one was ProAnalog. Just stay away spend your money on goods and people who aren't assholes. Maybe you didn't know, but if you hang here you probably would have seen it.

semi-hollowbody likes this.
  12. coltonius

coltonius SeƱor Member Silver Supporting Member

News Flash: If you put your fingers into the tiger's cage, don't be surprised when he bites them off.

Regardless of his personal beliefs (because they're irrelevant, really), T1M has demonstrated terrible business practices time and again.. I don't know why anybody buys from his custom shop anymore, much less expects him to perform warranty repairs.

Should've returned it to the TGP member.

gibs5000 and crambone like this.
  13. Sparkfriction

Sparkfriction Member

ProAnalog? IIRC Donner/Bearfoot will build ProAnalog stuff in the future like they do with frantone pedals soon.

oh and i remember when everybody was raving about T1M... - like Vertex and what not. Seems some builders and companys did get some stupid customers for good reason and a good PR. IN this case, i am prefer to deal with big support lines and distributors instead of one man.

14. OilsFan

OilsFan Supporting Member

Quite frankly I'm surprised no one has showed up at one of these dead beat builders places yet. Somebody is gonna deck one of these dudes sooner or later. Not advocating violence but it's just a matter of time before they cross the wrong guy. I'd be paranoid too.

Ev O))) likes this.
  15. minty901

minty901 Member

Ordered a couple of pedals from him and they arrived from international shipping in perfect working order within a matter of days. I was amazed.

16. olejason

olejason Supporting Member

1. This has happened numerous times. He has scammed tons of people.

2. You're going to see a lot of guys come into this thread defending him or talking about how they've had positive experiences. I see a few of them have already started to trickle in. You'll see a lot more coming to his defense as the day progresses.

crambone likes this.
  17. Guitar Josh

Guitar Josh Resident Curmudgeon Silver Supporting Member

You have a better chance of getting a return from investing your money with Bernie Madoff than getting product from Dan. I don't even know why this forum allows him to do business here at all.

I hope people start calling the police on this guy and pressing charges. It's time enough for that to start happening.

crambone likes this.
  18. minty901

minty901 Member

Better to give a fair representation of people's experiences with him, positive and negative. I'm very glad I ordered from him.

Slevin likes this.
  19. Sparkfriction

Sparkfriction Member

honestly - when did you order from him?

if 10000 customers are happy, it doenst help one guy who felt screwed.

but i would not put stuff like this up to a forum before i had sort it out on my self.

20. crambone

crambone Supporting Member

Yep.