Problems with 1 spot maybe OCD ?

Strat58

Hi folks well last Friday we had a gig and everything worked fine, I have a mini pedal board with in order:
Korg Pitch Black->Fulldrive II->OCD->BOR->Zendrive->buffer Lovepedal->Carbon Copy. Everthing powerd by 1 spot power supply and a daisy chain.

Today I noticed that some of the velcro was not connected nice, so I decided to get everything of the board remove the Zendrive (not used a long time) change the BOR(also not used) for a Super Chili Picoso.
Okay now everthing back and the board and power up through the Korg pictch Black and I noticed that the OCD didn't powerd up, when I use only the 1 spot with the OCD it came alive, however not on the board, every pedal powers up except for the OCD. I also noticed that the 1 spot didn't get warm ?
I realy had help of all guitar spirts because this could has give problems with the gig, Ah well the BOR has a battery in the pedal and that would have enough OD for mine Marshall 1974X.

So what do you think is the 1 spot the culprtit and is the OCD fine ? Or is the problem the OCD. Does anybody has problems like this ?
Thank you for your help.
Peace Strat58

Rod

Tone is Paramount
Gold Supporting Member
How many milliamperes does the OCD need?

Strat58

HI, found this on the gear page:
Full-Drive 2 Mosfet - 7mA (9V/Comp-Cut), 6.4mA (9V/FM)
OCD - 4.75mA (9V)
Is there a mobile power bank which I could use with these pedals ?
Peace Strat58

OotMagroot

Silver Supporting Member
Dang, that's weird. So there's been no change how you're powering the Pitch Black (I assume the OP is using the cascading power option)?

Strat58

Hi I power the Pitch Black with the 1 spot and out goes into the daisy chain. If i go directly power the daisy chain with the 1 spot and power the Pitch Black with the daisy chain the problem is gone. So I guess the Pitch Black doesn't to daisy chain anymore ? Now on mine board is the El Capistan and I have no problem at ? Weird and thats pedal needs power. Thank you for your help.
Peace Strat58

thanemuzika

It's draw issue like mention above, if you're powering the Pitchblack from the One Spot and daisy chain from the Pitchblack, the current are limited by whatever the Pitchblack bring out back.

If you are powering straight from the One Spot to the daisy chain instead, which then power the Pitchblack and the other pedals. The current are limited to whatever amount supply by the stated power supply.

Happen to me once when I try to power a wah from the Pitchblack courtesy outlet.

jamester

Gold Supporting Member
I never really understood the "power pass through" on tuners when it comes to daisy chaining. What is the point of interrupting the power flow, when ultimately it is all daisy chained anyway?

Sounds like you should get a OneSpot 8-tap daisy chain cable, and just run every pedal off that.

The extra power out on tuners can be good for being able to power another pedal after running out of taps on a PSU, though. It's an easier way to add one more pedal without having to resort to using a Y-power splitting cable (which I find cumbersome, personally). But that's the only usefulness I see in them...

Top Bottom