Problems With Jim Dunlop 535q Wah Pedal

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Travis Broussard, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Travis Broussard

Travis Broussard Member

Hello all, a few years ago I purchased a brand new Jim Dunlop 535q Wah Pedal that I never really ended up using. In fact, I had only really used it for a few weeks after I purchased it and kind of let it sit off to the side. Recently I've been wanting to try and use it again however I'm having issues in that it doesn't seem to be functioning like a wah pedal. I'm trying to run it through the front of the amp for now as I am individually testing all of my gear for use but the fact that it is not working properly really escapes me as it is definitely doing something but it is clearly not filtering as a wah pedal should. I took the bottom side of the pedal off and find a knob labeled fasel was knocked loose but I don't know if it came like this or somehow it fell off while lying stationary on a shelf in my closet. There aren't any pedal repair services in my town so I'm really screwed as far as getting any local help is concerned. I'll include a video of what's happening

2. LikeAMotherF

LikeAMotherF Supporting Member

The Fasel inductor is the heart of your wah pedal. If it has come undone, you definitely need to get that straightened out for it to work.

Your best bet would probably be to go to the DIY boards and ask for some guidance. Sorry I can't be any more help than that....

(Also, I was unable to view your video. It's always a great idea to include something like that. If you get it up and running you might get more input here.)

3. Pablomago

Pablomago Member

Contact Dunlop. They might charge you to fix it, but they do good work.

4. Travis Broussard

Travis Broussard Member

Here's a link to the YouTube video I originally tried to upload. Hopefully this one works compared to my Facebook link.

5. EVHindenberg

EVHindenberg Supporting Member

Can you take a picture of the guts? If the inductor(Fasel) came out it just needs to be soldered back in. From the video it sounds like everything else is doing it’s job but without that inductor,it won’t sweep.