Problems with Nova Delay

AJW12

hi everyone..i've got problem with the display of my nova pedal..it went crazy..instead of displaying the BPM/MS of the tempo, the display were all 8888..and all the other LED lights went out. anyone experienced this before?

I think its because of the power supply?..thanks in advance.:(

JRC4558Dude

hi everyone..i've got problem with the display of my nova pedal..it went crazy..instead of displaying the BPM/MS of the tempo, the display were all 8888..and all the other LED lights went out. anyone experienced this before?

I think its because of the power supply?..thanks in advance.:(
Sounds like a power supply problem.

The Nova needs 12v and 300ma to work right.

If you're not using the supplied adapter, make sure your power supply is giving it enough juice, otherwise it will be noisy, or refuse to light up at all.

earwax

Make sure you keep the delay time knob "locked" at the center detent. If not it will move on you. Do you understand how this knob works? It's not a set-it-and-forget-it like the rest. You have to move it back to the center after making any adjustments.
I went through this same thing when I first got the Nova delay and had to get the manual out to figure it out. I ended up liking the control afterward.

oxtone

I love my Ib Modified Nova Delay - sounds great.

However, when I try to preset higher delay times using the dial, say 158 BPM, I can't really get the time to exactly where I want it. It's always a tick or two off from what I want. This doesn't seem to happen when dialing in lower delay times, like 65 BPM.

Also, why does the Delay Knob increase the time when to the left, whereas to the right it lowers it? That seems backwards.

Can Tore comment?

minor7

I love my Ib Modified Nova Delay - sounds great.

However, when I try to preset higher delay times using the dial, say 158 BPM, I can't really get the time to exactly where I want it. It's always a tick or two off from what I want. This doesn't seem to happen when dialing in lower delay times, like 65 BPM.

Also, why does the Delay Knob increase the time when to the left, whereas to the right it lowers it? That seems backwards.

Can Tore comment?

I recently got a Nova Delay and I am seeing this as well. When using BPM, the control increases the time when turned to the left, and decreases when turned to the right. But when I am using the MS, it is opposite decreases to the left and increases to the right. It started the other night, and I don't recall that happening when I was initially setting up my presets.

Trending Topics