Problems with Tru-Arc Business

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by kinski, Feb 5, 2012.

1. kinski

kinski Member

Hi All,

So, I'm a bit bummed. I bought a Tru-Arc bridge from Tim. I gave him the measurements needed and told him which bridge it was replacing (Nashville TOM). He said it would fit fine, and chances are, it would intonate nicely as well, but if for some reason it did not, I could send it back and get a refund. I've read that others have replaced their Nashville TOM with a Tru-Arc.

The bridge arrived, and it won't even fit on the bridge posts for the Nashville TOM. The posts are bigger than the holes on the bridge.

Okay, fine. I got him to respond after a few days of silence, that the bridge needs to be re-drilled. Its now been SIX days, and he has not responded to ANY of my emails inquiring about sending the bridge back to him for modification or at least, reimbursement.

I'm pretty patient, and would still love to make this bridge work for my guitar, but I can't help but be highly concerned and also offended by his complete lack of response to the situation.

I'd like to have the bridge re-drilled, or my $99 back, as I was reassured would happen.

Has anybody else had this problem dealing with Tru-Arc? When Tim DID respond, he was kind, informative, and quite helpful when discussing the details of the bridge and what I was looking for. So, I feel bad posting this in a public forum, but after SIX days of silence, I don't know what else to do.

Are my emails going to his SPAM folder for some reason? I wish there was a number to call.

File a complaint with PayPal Buyer Protection? :huh

Okay.

2. 6789

6789 Member

You'll find people who know Tim and might be able to help here: http://gretschpages.com/
    He was good with me. He exchanged a regular model for low rider model when I told him the regular didn't sit low enough.

3. cookedbutok

cookedbutok Member

Yeah, He's a GDP guy (Proteus on the Gretsch Pages is his username, i think). I've never had any personal contact with him, but from everything I've seen he's an upstanding guy and he'll make it right. If memory serves me, he does Tru-Arc on the side and has a full-time job to hold down as well.

Head over the the Gretsch Pages, they'll help you sort it out.

4. kinski

kinski Member

Cool, thanks.