Proco 'lil' Rat

jddub440

I dont think the RATs take up much space to begin with, but I dont care for the battery door screw thing that I find obstructive when searching for the right spot to set it down onto the pedalboard.
Also I like adjusting the volume and gain with my feet when jamming which looks to be far more difficult with this lil' rat.
RATs rule either way tho!

RolandKorg

Wish it had been a Rat Mini—in a typical mini sized-/shaped enclosure. With regular-sized knobs. I absolutely hate those teensy knobs.

And, why don't they specify the chip? Can one of you Rathusiasts tell me why they don't use the LM308 anymore, yet that chip seems to be available to other manufacturers? [No snark:] Did they just decide it's not as good as what they're using now?

TheBuffalo

Gold Supporting Member
Wish it had been a Rat Mini—in a typical mini sized-/shaped enclosure. With regular-sized knobs. I absolutely hate those teensy knobs.

And, why don't they specify the chip? Can one of you Rathusiasts tell me why they don't use the LM308 anymore, yet that chip seems to be available to other manufacturers? [No snark:] Did they just decide it's not as good as what they're using now?
its not that the LM308 is unobtainable or something. From what i understand its just not attainable enough for mass production like proco does with the RAT.

louisnd

I won't change my Proco 2 with LM308 until it dies, but I think this lil Rat looks pretty sweet

RolandKorg

Where did you find this? I keep looking for NAMM announcements, but what is shown on GearNews, etc. just seems like it's incomplete. They don't have this yet, and i would think there would be significantly more new products—but maybe Covid really did squash a lot of development and production....

D. Redington

Proco posted this on their Facebook page with an image of it. It's legit.

Where did you find this? I keep looking for NAMM announcements, but what is shown on GearNews, etc. just seems like it's incomplete. They don't have this yet, and i would think there would be significantly more new products—but maybe Covid really did squash a lot of development and production....

Trending Topics