• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

PROCO RAT - "The Woodcutter" mystery

tbader

Somewhat Necro but I thought I'd start a Name list if anyone wants to contribute.

Name's I've had on mine:

Woodcutter
Donna
Tamet
The Dolph Man

One of them was also something like Used Car Parts, I'll try and find the picture.
Aug. 2016; rigor hasn't even set in yet. You're good.

This is a thread we should exhume from time to time...for educational purposes.

Todd

Fuzzr

I use to have one that said "Dolph Man". He was a gentleman, that was genetically altered with Dolphin DNA. As I understand it, he would use his blow hole to "spray" the circuit boards. Apparently, this had the same effect as "Unicorn Tears" or "Bigfoot's Dandruff" for bringing the Toanz.

J Dog

Mine is a WFRI...Stephanie
Only had it for a couple months but I love this pedal!

On a Budget

Maybe Mr. Woorcutter, was really happy while at work and he put that happiness into the pedals he touched and that's why they sound so good.

The first Rat I played was a woodcutter, I remember it being particularly sweet.

tonedover

Platinum Supporting Member
there was a thread SOMEWHERE in the archives of this place that i think someone said the infamous Woodcutter had passed away. maybe the proco rep had said so. i dont know, maybe i remember wrong so dont take that as correct.

kreakyneez

haha, you guys had fun names. Mine read "Steve" :cry: sounded fantastic though!
I have a ‘Steve’ as well. I bought mine at Tom Lee Music, in Hong Kong, in 1991. It has the Motorola LM308N chip. I’ve used it on/off ever since. It’s always kind of a been a love/hate relationship. This thread made me go rummage around in the garage and find it again, so it’s back! For now....

Last edited:

Sam Xavier

Never been a fan of this kind of effect but after reading this thread, I just got to get me a Rat.

I play a Les Paul Standard (stock everything) and a MIJ Fender Strat with JB Jr in the bridge slot into a JCM 2000 series DSL 100. Any advice on a suitable rodent gratefully received.

Trending Topics