1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Production Critique !

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by The Scrutinizer, Feb 16, 2009.

1. The Scrutinizer

The Scrutinizer Active Member

Each clip is only 1 minute each. I have no money for flat monitors and am mixing w/headphones, so i was wondering if anyone could drop an ear and let me know what these tracks sound like on their system(s)

My first attempt at engineering for a 3 song demo

The problem is that I am using garage band & had to record the entire kit on one track, because my audio interface is a Tascam USB144, so we had to hook up a mixer and drop some mics.

Check Demo1, DEmo2, & Demo 3

SoundClick artist: Testlotsatone - page with MP3 music downloads

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  2. Priestunes

Priestunes Member

Big bass and I hear the room. But it's clear enough for reference and could be used as a great demo. As you build the tunes, it'll get you gigs, for sure.

3. airforce_brian

airforce_brian Member

There is something weird going on in these two recordings. The bass has certain frequencies that are really prominent in the mix, but it seems as though some of the important frequencies are pushed back really far. I'm no audio engineer, but I don't think it would sound like that if I was sitting in a room with a bass player and a drummer.

With only bass and drums, I would think that you would want a more balanced tone from the bass guitar. Maybe try burning it to a CD and checking it out on a few different systems to see how it sounds overall.

4. The Scrutinizer

Thanks for droppin' an ear, guys

I have been loading the mp3's on the ipod, and then pumping 'em through different systems

Ya, you can definitely hear the room on those drums

it was recorded in a pretty big. echoey room (no choice, there)

5. The Scrutinizer

THe Clips are only 1 minute - TOPS !
    Okay, the same links in the first post have been updated, let me know your thoughts.

I have yet to get guitar and vocal

6. Guitar Slinger6

Guitar Slinger6 Member

For a demo it sounds good, the only thing I would offer is I would like to hear the snare tighten up a bit, not in technique but maybe a bit more pop on it. Throw a guitar on there and let's hear it! :AOK