• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Prof Longhair-Crawfish Fiesta

Carltone

Listened to this old gem this morning... still sounds fun after all these years! Dr John on guitar...subtle and cool...nice tight band, too... Some of the members of Astral Project are aboard as well...Tony Degradi on sax and John Vidacovich on drums (the drums are awesome on this cd!)

What's your fave Longhair album?:)

GOLDENSTRAT

I was listening to the Anthology cd this week, just awesome drums, from the 50's Atlantic recordings .

I like the alblum with Gatemouth on guitar too "Rock and Roll Gumbo".

Crawfish Fiesta is the first one I got back in 1980 and it still sounds great. Johnny V. is a fantastic drummer.

fred

I bought a vinyl copy of Crawfish Fiesta off of Pat Byrd. (Fess' daughter) Apparently Bruce Iglauer sent Fess a box full of the album to sell at his gigs. The box arrived the day he died. I guess Pat had a bunch of these albums in her house for decades.

Rock & Roll Gumbo with Gate is a good one, along with House Party New Orleans Style with Snooks. (RIP)

Great stuff!:AOK

Guitar55

Who was that masked man?
Gold Supporting Member
Gotta love Fess! Remember that Dr. John played GUITAR on Crawfish Fiesta!

Trending Topics