Programmable loop switcher comparison

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by g17rtf2, Mar 4, 2016.

1. ItsaRat!

ItsaRat! Member

I have to put a plug in for the G-Labs units. I have the GSC-2, and it's awesome. Switchable buffer, reasonably compact size, dedicated tuner out, two footswitch control ports, and expandable with the use of the separate loopers. I use a GSC-2 to control the amp and everything in front of it, and one of the dual loop remote boxes for the effects in my effects loop. The manual leaves a lot to be desired, but it's really intuitive and easy to use, and you can program it via usb with extra functionality in the software.

2. hotrats73

hotrats73 Member

I've bought a moen gec8 jr mkii (2nd edition the named it)

I was surprised when the unit arrived beacuse I wasn't aware that there's a mkii on the market, they don't even list it on their website, and I was expecting the mki.

anyway the mkii has some nice improvements (taken from bigger the gec8 live)

now you can bypass the unit tapping a second time on an active program and you can choose - on bank basis - the status of the 2 latching relays outs while in master bypass.

they added a bank down button so now you can navigate up and down and they added the abiltiy to choose how many of banks you need (up to 20).

everything else is the same: 7 series loop, 1 separate loop (with latching capabilites), mute/tuner button, 4 programs per bank. no buffers, no midi.

3. dpgreek

dpgreek Supporting Member

Is Disaster Area going to be revamping DPC-5? It's currently discontinued... Need something like that.

4. navin

navin Member

Lovely thread how come it hasn't been updated?

Of the top of my head I recall Moen and Musicom have new loop-switchers.
    Moen's GEC 8 Live (Loop 5 has mono “SEND” and stereo “RETURN” loop)
    Musicom's ME (5 Mono loops), LE (Loop 5 has mono “SEND” and stereo “RETURN” loop and loop 6 is stereo), and EFX MkV (Loop 8 has mono “SEND” and stereo “RETURN” loop and loop 9 is stereo)

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
  5. stratamania

stratamania Member

A good comparison.

A couple of things I noticed, the RJM PBC does not have a tuner out and the Boss ES-8 can do parallel but it is limited in its application by the limitations of its two internal mixers.

6. navin

navin Member

I believe the RJM PBC 10 has a tuner built in to the Loop-Switcher.

Beats me why Musicom decided to reduce the number of loops on the Mk V (from 10 to 9) and kill the LED indicators that indicated with loops are active for each preset. I was hoping they would retain the 10 loops and have 3 stereo loops (Chorus, Delay and Reverb) instead of 2 when the Mk V was released.

I have the Musicom 62M (seen in my avatar pic) and was hoping to upgrade to the Mk V since I can now use 10 loops (3 in stereo). Maybe I should wait for the Mk VI.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
  7. VHS analog

VHS analog Member

Can anyone comment on the Flex Reaction? Does it pop when you switch loops?

8. stratamania

stratamania Member

It does have a tuner available but that is different to a tuner out.