• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

"Project" or "junk" wah - what to do with what's left?

KazJY

A friend of mine gave me his old Hendrix Dunlop wah pedal to keep and do what I want with - the pot is scratchy, and we can't seem to clean it. I could just replace the pot, or I could have some fun and buy a mod kit, or swap out the guts entirely. :dude (I am leaning towards this end of things).

I don't solder well, but thought of getting up to speed with it so I could just put together a new set of guts for the pedal.

One thought was an Area 51 drop in kit. Any other ideas / mods?

mobis8

Try the whipple inductor...

just google it... Very easy, priced right, and sounds amazing...

tbone666

i'm an amateur solderer at best and i found success with the 51 drop in kit in a vox 847 - i had already purchased a fulltone pot about 6 mos previous along with a true bypass switch. the kit came with a switch but no pot - switched the switch out and replaced the board - ironically i have just recently resoldered the fulltone switch back in as the 51 just went dead.

sounds good, however i don't have much to compare it to.

deadlyorigami

Funny I was just about to post the same question.

I've been in contact with Brad from Creepyfingers Effects and I'm liking that option a lot so far (voiced kinda like a Coloursound so i can be T.Rex) but I still wanna hear(read) more options.

OnlyVees

I would love to take the rate pot out of an inexpensive tremolo pedal and fuse it into a dead wah pedal. That would be hot.

KazJY

Replacing the pot is a big priority here too. Taking suggestions for that as well.

I looked up the Whipple Inductor - Looks like fun (and something I can do). Excellent suggestion!

cuz/karl

Silver Supporting Member
Willson drop in kit requires no soldering if you want battery only,or 2 solder points for power.Chose of 2 different wahs.$105

drolling

I've got an old Dunlop Crybaby that I modded over the years w/tru-bypass switching and a red Fasel inductor. Sounded just OK, so I sent off for the A51 pcb & pot. Couldn't be happier!!

Trending Topics