"Project" or "junk" wah - what to do with what's left?

KazJY

A friend of mine gave me his old Hendrix Dunlop wah pedal to keep and do what I want with - the pot is scratchy, and we can't seem to clean it. I could just replace the pot, or I could have some fun and buy a mod kit, or swap out the guts entirely. :dude (I am leaning towards this end of things).

I don't solder well, but thought of getting up to speed with it so I could just put together a new set of guts for the pedal.

One thought was an Area 51 drop in kit. Any other ideas / mods?

mobis8

Try the whipple inductor...

just google it... Very easy, priced right, and sounds amazing...

tbone666

i'm an amateur solderer at best and i found success with the 51 drop in kit in a vox 847 - i had already purchased a fulltone pot about 6 mos previous along with a true bypass switch. the kit came with a switch but no pot - switched the switch out and replaced the board - ironically i have just recently resoldered the fulltone switch back in as the 51 just went dead.

sounds good, however i don't have much to compare it to.

deadlyorigami

Funny I was just about to post the same question.

I've been in contact with Brad from Creepyfingers Effects and I'm liking that option a lot so far (voiced kinda like a Coloursound so i can be T.Rex) but I still wanna hear(read) more options.

OnlyVees

I would love to take the rate pot out of an inexpensive tremolo pedal and fuse it into a dead wah pedal. That would be hot.

KazJY

Replacing the pot is a big priority here too. Taking suggestions for that as well.

I looked up the Whipple Inductor - Looks like fun (and something I can do). Excellent suggestion!

cuz/karl

Silver Supporting Member
Willson drop in kit requires no soldering if you want battery only,or 2 solder points for power.Chose of 2 different wahs.$105

drolling

I've got an old Dunlop Crybaby that I modded over the years w/tru-bypass switching and a red Fasel inductor. Sounded just OK, so I sent off for the A51 pcb & pot. Couldn't be happier!!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom