Project X music - McNaught Guitars

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by dave mansel, Jun 14, 2006.

1. dave mansel

dave mansel Member

Hey Guys,
    it's been forever since I've been on, had to re-register!
    David McNaught and I have been working on some pre-production instrumentals. We will eventually be finishing these up with drummer John Robertson.
    Untill then, you can here the pre-production, drum machine versions here.

http://www.mcnaughtguitars.com/swish/index.html

There are two tracks on the page:
    1- Latex
    2- Something Strange

They were recorded with a McNaught Phoenix, Wagner Darkburst pickups, stainless steel frets, and played through a modified Marshall.
    The bass is a Music Man StingRay, David is working on the first McNaught Bass ( i got dibs ) as we speak.

Both tracks were recorded in the basement (not the name of a studio, I actually mean "the basement". :)

2. will132

will132 Member

Dave, Sounds damn good. You'll have to update this when you get a drummer behind it instead of the machine.

Do you mind me asking who modded the Marshall?

Jim

3. dave mansel

dave mansel Member

It was done by Scott Splawn at Splawn Amps several years ago. Scott stays pretty busy with his own amps as well.

4. Sub-D

Sub-D Guest

Dug both of those.....big mean guit sounds. Good playing & writing...powerfull stuff!

5. dave mansel

dave mansel Member

Thanks Sub-D,
    we are very, very new to the home recording scene. We're from back in the time when you saved up all summer to go in the studio and pay a small fortune for a three song demo.
    Lots of homework to do.

6. GuitarGuy510

GuitarGuy510 Member

Wow I enjoyed the playing and the tone on that one! Truly excellent sir! I'd love to hear more clips... do you have a VSC by any chance you could demo? :cool: Thanks for sharing!!

7. dave mansel

dave mansel Member

Hey Guitar Guy,
    thanks for the kind words.
    For the Project X music, David will probably be using his Phoenix for most of it.
    We are however, planning on adding soundclips to the McNaught website that will feature a variety of different McNaught shapes, wood combinations, and pickups. There will definitely be some Singlecut tracks on there.