Propellerhead Reason - Need help with synths for a VERY important cover/tribute!

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by visualrocker69, Mar 1, 2008.

1. visualrocker69

visualrocker69 Member

Hi, I'm relatively new to Reason. Up until now, I've only been using it for very simplistic things (rendering audio from midi data).
    Right now, I'm working on a cover of a song by "hide" as a tribute to his 10th death anniversary... However, I have no idea how to approach using the synths in this song. Can anyone please help me construct a synth patch or at least point me in the right direction?

For your convenience, I've uploaded the -voiceless- version of the song (to make it easier to hear the synths).
    http://www.gigasize.com/get.php?d=2jqbmz6ymbc
    I don't have a problem with the strings and aux. percussion... only that cool little synth that sounds like its going through some kind of phaser or other modulation filter... It appears in the beginning and then manifests itself in some shape or other throughout the song. I just don't know how to get that kind of sound/texture/etc...
    Please help!
    Also, I'd like to note that a lot of Reason-related technical jargon might be lost on me. Thanks a lot for your patience and assistance :)

2. jefesq

jefesq Gold Supporting Member

3. visualrocker69

visualrocker69 Member

Haha thanks. I already know the basics, I just don't know how to create synths with the right sound/texture. Any advice?

4. MBalmer

MBalmer Member

what refills do you have.
    I went to listen to the song and for some odd reason it said it was going to take 11 hours to download so i was like forget it.

5. visualrocker69

visualrocker69 Member

11 hours? :worried
    I can send it to you over AIM :eek:

I don't have many refills... Drum Kits, Pianos, Abbey Road Keyboards, Superdrums8000 demo... thats pretty much it :S

It sounds like a very basic sound in the song, shouldn't be hard to make... I just... don't kno whow to go about it :(

Thanks!

6. MBalmer

MBalmer Member

I finally downloaded the song this time it took like 3 minutes.
    From what i hear there is some mod & filtering goin on like some knob turning try some of that.with like some phat lead key sounds.