proper speaker placement in a verticle two 12? (Zbest)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by imguitardan, Jun 10, 2008.

1. imguitardan

imguitardan Member

I have a G12H30 and a V30 (in a ZBest). It didn't come with these speakers but I know ZBest's normally do. Which is on top and which is on the bottom? What would you do? Also, does anyone know if the G12H30 in ZBests are 55Hz or 75Hz? Thanks

2. imguitardan

imguitardan Member

someone's gotta know this...it doesn't even have to be ZBest specs, just which would you put on the top...?

3. zzmoore

zzmoore Member

Well which way sounds best to you. No right or wrong here. It is easy to flip the cab end-to-end and hear what you like best. Then just match the bottom speaker with the feet end of the cab. You'll know the answer.:cool:

4. imjustadrummer

imjustadrummer Member

depends on what you like....
    but,
    I'd prefer the H30 on the bottom and the v30 on top
    I like the bass closer to the ground and the mids at ear level... highs... wherever
    My current mixed cab has the G75 on the bottom-->more bass and the G65 up to keep the mid/high-mid Hz at ear level

5. rhythmrocker

rhythmrocker 1966 Battle of the Bands Supporting Member

First, you might try contacting them to find out what they might suggest:
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dr. Z Amplification[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](216) 475-1444[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]drz@drzamps.com[/FONT][/FONT]

or just do what the other posted suggested: try it both ways and record yourself. Listen back and see which you like better.

I've done this with a high quality cassette deck (manual record levels/no compression) and you'd be suprised how it sounds; the sound comparision is relative and useable for analysis.

Good luck with this.

6. imguitardan

imguitardan Member

Thanks all. I should contact Z but have been a pest in the past and don't want to piss them off. I figured some one here'd know this.

BTW: I put the G12H30(75) on the bottom and the V30(55) on top...we'll see.