• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

ProphecySound is Back!!! Yay! Wah. Yah! Wah...

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
The mad geniuses behind the Infinitphase, less than 100 units built in the late 90s and long gone, are back. This is wonderful because they design really interesting stuff and sad because my original Infinitphase is now worth 1/2 what it was on Ebay :rolleyes:

Anyway, check them out for Mutron III clones, Biphase Clones, the Uberphaser of all time and a few other tasty bits:

ProphecySound Home Page

Hairpin Turns

Interesting. The Pi Phase sounds really great from the samples on their site. Out of my price range for now, but I'm curious to hear reports/reviews from anyone here who does end up with one.

Holy Schnikes

I just got my Pi-Phase a few days ago and it totally RULES, very happy with it thus far! I haven't spent tons of time with it just yet but I did manage to put it head to head with my OG BiPhase and it comes extremely close sonically speaking. I think the MuTron may sound a touch fatter and warmer but the Pi-Phase is the closest I've ever seen/heard any pedal get to it, so close I probably wouldn't notice the difference without having them both present to A/B. It also has all the same functionality as the original. It'll go way slow and way fast, pretty much the same range as the MuTron. I think there's internal trim pots that can affect rate range tho haven't messed with anything like that yet.

I've had a boatload of phasers in the past and the Pi-Phase is easily one of the coolest. I sold my Faye's Her within days of it's arrival. The Faye's Her is super cool too and sports more in terms of features and tweakability but it can't replicate that FAT MuTron-style phasing whereas the Pi-Phase is like 95% of the way there. As for enclosure size, it's a little bigger, almost identical to the Faye's Her actually, but it doesn't require any external footswitch (beyond expression) and it's sooooooo much smaller and pedalboard friendly than the original. Only catch is power, requires 16VAC but I have a CIOKS AC10 that powers it wonderfully.

Oh, and both Mike (deisgner) and Kristjan at Prophecysound Systems are great guys to deal with. I communicated with Mike almost exclusively and he happily answered, in great detail, any and all questions I had, kept me updated throughout the build, and got the pedal to me a week faster than promised. He also spent a buncha time tweaking it to exacting standards and specs to ensure it sounds as awesome as it does. Good guys, I'd highly recommend them and their creations to anyone interested.

Here's a quick pic to give you an idea of size compared to the MuTron:

Last edited:

Jim S

Platinum Supporting Member
I think this post puts me over the edge. How long did it take to the the Pi Phase?

Holy Schnikes

Gut shots for those interested. The little white cardboard squares are covering some component clusters, not sure what but I tried to give a visual in the second pic:

woodie

Silver Supporting Member
I had one of the first infinitphase pedals and sold it off for like $200 because it was sort of useless in my rig. This was before they became really rare and desirable. I still kick myself for selling it then. Oh well!

Trending Topics